heat shrink tubing

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
u guys use much heat shrink tubing for overlapping ur electrical connections? I used it on cleaning up some TL connections last night. All connects were soldered, electric taped, then heat shrinked. just wondering how it holds up.

WDKfan

Workin too much
I use the adhesive lined on just about all my connections I make on my ski. I like it because it does a muck better job sealing out the water. It amy cost more but it's worth it IMO.

Ericfox

Do it twice?That's DooDoo
I got a bunch at harbor freight... it has been working very well... I put it over every splice I made... even though some of them where crimp heat shrink connections to begin with... (prob not necessary) --> double protection... reminds me of some advice I used to give friends...

Last edited:

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
I'm a fan of the adhesive lined stuff as well. I love that crap, and it's fun to use. Reminds me of a lifetime ago when I was a 'cable bitch' building wiring harnesses for a living. Boring job, but the chick to guy ratio was about 10:1 :Banane01:

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
I put silicone over the splice and then heat shrink. Heat shrink is good stuff.

I usually use regular splice connections but I think I'm going to start using the method EricFox said. Stuff breaks so commonly that it's worth the little extra to know it's not going to break at the ride.

stanton

High on jetskis.
liquid electrical tape.
1242559.jpg

best stuff EVER!

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
five-o...i looked at that liquid tape. how long does it take to setup? Do you solder b4 u paint it? will it adhere to a surface if it's grimey?

DCRocks

Wavejunkies
Top Bottom