Helmet cam first try.....creek jam

I picked up an Oregon Scientific waterproof video cam and tried it out for the first time last weekend. I was scared to try it in the surf the first time since I wasn't too sure about the mounting system, so I tried it out on a creek ride.

Where I ride there's an incredible series of creeks cut through the marsh land in the back bays. Some are no wider than your ski and I've spent years scouting them out to find a really fluid one tank cruise with no dead ends. It gives us about 1 1/2 hours of continuous cranking turns. The video clip below is a small section we call "hidden creek" ('cause it was so damned hard to find originally) and is a killer section where you can drill corners wide open on the larger 90 degree turns and then it has a couple of hard tight 180's thrown in to break your rythmn.......lot's o' fun!

Don't know how many people are into creeks, but it's a freeride element of it's own........one I enjoy almost as much as waves.

Check it out and sorry for the crappy video but it was my first try!

YouTube - Hidden creek

Lurker

Ready to ride
That footage is great. It looks exactly like what I ride in 50% of the time .After seeing that I want to go out tomorrow and rip some trails!

You were lucky to get such a high tide.

SWEET I would love to ride somewhere like that. cool video,,thanks for sharing. Cant wait to see what yall do with it, I predict some awesome footy coming from ya

BlowStuffUp

Twinkle Toes
out at the colorado river theres trails that branch out from the river like that only theyre lined with super tall toolies so you cant see what the next turn is like. kinda dangerous i guess and theyre supposed to be no wake zones, but its fun to get a crew of like 4 guys pinnin it through there all in a line,

Camera is from Oregon Scientific. I paid around 120 bux. There's info on this site about it, that's how I found out about it. I got a 2gig chip and it gave me about an hour of video at the highest resolution and shutter speed. It uses SD chip and 2 AA batteries and for the money it's pretty damn cool.

Last edited:

jetskee

Team Not-As-Ugly-Anymore
Camera is from Oregon Scientific. I paid around 120 bux. There's info on this site about it, that's how I found out about it. I got a 2gig chip and it gave me about an hour of video at the highest resolution and shutter speed. It uses SD chip and 2 AA batteries and for the money it's pretty damn cool.

Found a link...this camera looks pretty awesome for the price
and what it does. It looks VERY self-contained.

This link is JUST for the camera....you would need to buy a 2GB
SD card to go with it (30-40 bucks, maybe).

http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/Pages/OREGON/AT18-camera.html

Y

yamaslut

fyi - you need the faster 10x version of that 2gig card..

I made a few movies w/ mine, here are two:

this one is a vid I threw together real quick of me riding on a crappy choppy day...

YouTube - yamaslut pole cam

this is a trip to dissappearing island using Beirut "Postcards from Italy" as music.... I wanted to capture the feel we had on the trip...

YouTube - trip to the island

oh yeah.... the quality of the movie is way better than You tube displays it as... Mine is shot in 640 x 480 @ 30fps and is very clear when watching the original..

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

yamaslut

I picked up an Oregon Scientific waterproof video cam and tried it out for the first time last weekend. I was scared to try it in the surf the first time since I wasn't too sure about the mounting system, so I tried it out on a creek ride.

Where I ride there's an incredible series of creeks cut through the marsh land in the back bays. Some are no wider than your ski and I've spent years scouting them out to find a really fluid one tank cruise with no dead ends. It gives us about 1 1/2 hours of continuous cranking turns. The video clip below is a small section we call "hidden creek" ('cause it was so damned hard to find originally) and is a killer section where you can drill corners wide open on the larger 90 degree turns and then it has a couple of hard tight 180's thrown in to break your rythmn.......lot's o' fun!

Don't know how many people are into creeks, but it's a freeride element of it's own........one I enjoy almost as much as waves.

Check it out and sorry for the crappy video but it was my first try!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8UOcEUtVNo

we have tons of spots like that down here... fun as hell!!!!!!!

Nick, I have the 10x chip. Am I not setting something up correctly? Remember it is post youtube, it definitely looks better when I run from my PC.

Last edited:
Y

yamaslut

Mick, I have the 10x chip. Am I not setting something up correctly? Remember it is post youtube, it definitely looks better when I run from my PC.

oh sorry.... I was just putting a disclaimer w/ my video... I wasn't implying your vid was lower quality... It looks like the same quality as mine....

#ZERO

Beach Bum
BTW... all those videos are awesome. :biggthumpup:

The first one looks and sounds real cool with the wind rushing past the camera microphone. :cool2:

Nick... that was a great music choice on your second video.

I can't wait to start making my own videos now.

Top Bottom