HELP..black wire on MSD enhancer?

the msd wire diagram says the black single wire without the post on the cdi goes to the coil. When i hook it up that way i get no spark. But when i hook it up any other way i get spark. Is it ok to NOT follow the msd wire diagram and hookl up the blacks different? Isnt a ground a ground no matter where it goes?

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
All the black wires should tie back to the same point - ground, or the negative battery terminal.
Try measuring the resistance between that black wire and another black wire, or the engine block or the negative battery terminal.
Perhaps the bullet terminal on that wire is not making a good connection with the wire or it has internal problems.

if it starts up and runs good by hooking the black wires up differently is that going to be a problem? Ill check the resistance though

to make it more simple. I only get spark if all the ground wires touch the ground post in some way including the black coil wire. The guy at MSD said there must be something internally wrong with the CDI.. IS IT BAD to run all the wires to the ground post including the coil? I get spark that way!!! Will that hurt my motor?

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Ultimately, all black wires tie to ground, anyways.
When you get spark, is your black wire on the coil connected to anything?

the black wire from the coil ties in to a split wire. Not the single lonesome black cdi wire like msd says to. I have to hook that lonesome back cdi wire up to some wire with a eyelet in order to get spark. That isnt the way msd says to do it though. Will this hurt anything. The motor idles good and dont die out.

maybe ill just buy another msd enhancer. anyone have one?

Top Bottom