Other HELP BUILDING A SMALL Double Place Trailer (for 2 SJs)

jeckert

Going backwards
Hi Guys,

I am looking to build a small trailer (like a single place PWC trailer) into a double place stand up jet ski trailer. (BTW if you have one for sale let me know)

I'd like it to turn out NICE. So if anyone can fill me in on the following:

1. What trailer should I start out with (that will in the end look the BEST...i.e. single shorelander, utility trailer, etc...)
2. What additional materials do I need
3. How should I build it

I've seen many trailers that work (and owned some of them), with U-bolts everywhere, but I am looking to keep it as clean as possible. Not looking to spend a lot either, would like it to turn out NICE, and make it small!

*Please see attached....this is close to what I am looking to do, but will definitely need to create a pin option for the bow of the skis!...hate seeing them slide all over the trailer

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• double.jpg
    double.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 79
  • double 4.jpg
    double 4.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 82
  • double 3.jpg
    double 3.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 83
  • double 2.jpg
    double 2.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
That's my trailer in your pictures. I took a trailer my family bought in 95 (Snug Harbor), added two bunks to the outside, and added the 2" aluminum bar across the front for the pins. It's worked well. I use rachet straps and a bow stop for the Rickters in the front. That trailer has been great. About as compact as possible with a lot of storage for gas cans/gear.

jeckert

Going backwards
That's my trailer in your pictures. I took a trailer my family bought in 95 (Snug Harbor), added two bunks to the outside, and added the 2" aluminum bar across the front for the pins. It's worked well. I use rachet straps and a bow stop for the Rickters in the front. That trailer has been great. About as compact as possible with a lot of storage for gas cans/gear.

SELL IT!:)

Look on craigslist or facebook marketplace for an older pwc trailer, with flat crossbeams for mounting 2x4's. All the newer trailers have bowed crossbeams and it's harder to get the inside bunks level with the outside ones. Then remove the center winch upright, bring it to a local welding shop and have them weld two uprights in place for bow stops.

Top Bottom