Super Jet help me decide on a pipe

we ride small lakes not small oceans(lake erie), hmmmmm you still have that speedworks? just keepn my options open

No I wish I still had it! I would rather have just left it hanging on the wall it was so nice. I sold it to some guy in Australia who took 1st place in world finals on a blaster if I remember right.

I think they are getting kinda hard to find these days....

Last edited:
Harder to find, but still less $$ than most used b-pipes. One of those rare instances where you pay less and get more. I've learned to just hold on to whatever I buy, like pipes, carbs, pumps, etc, since I end up wanting to use them on something in the future anyway. My speedwerx is in the attic for now, but will get used on something else again next year.

Think it depends on the rest of your setup, i ran a type 4 on jetmaniac 718 with a epic. Tryede a b pipe and the type 4 hit alot harder.

Think it depends on the rest of your setup, i ran a type 4 on jetmaniac 718 with a epic. Tryede a b pipe and the type 4 hit alot harder.

The Type 4 is the lowest RPM dry pipe that I have found. It handles the typical overloaded pump like a B pipe but with more power. Shorter race pipes will make even more power but require pump work and high (race gas) compression/timing for good response.

The Type 4 is the lowest RPM dry pipe that I have found. It handles the typical overloaded pump like a B pipe but with more power. Shorter race pipes will make even more power but require pump work and high (race gas) compression/timing for good response.
That is way i asked for the rest off the setup most dry pipe, like timing too get off soo ajustabel ignition is a must have.

That is way i asked for the rest off the setup most dry pipe, like timing too get off soo ajustabel ignition is a must have.
i only have a msd enhancer but run my static at +3degrees over stock. i am going to have my flywheel lightend and my nozzle opend to 85mm should help the overload issue i think, assuming i ever find a type9

OptimaRacing

Jet zoomers
Let's not thread jack lanmine657's post anymore than I already have.

My PM box is cleared and you can always Email at the address below. This is the best way to get a hold of me.

Thanks!

after some research it looks like for a type 9 to fit in a SN there is alot of hood and hull triming needed which i really dont want to do to my ski, type 4 and free ride pipes are the same correct? and may only need minor triming if at all?

I don't what conditions you ride in but something else to keep in mind...if you beach...or ride in shallow water with sand or mud or even friggin microscopic amoebas...you will need to runs a small sea strainer on a dry pipe. They will clog and ruin your day and send you home to the garden hose for a back flush.

just joe

Site Supporter
Even the PFP has a strainer at the stinger to prevent clogging. And if you add a jet to the b-pipe stinger to get a spray pattern instead of a stream, you should run a strainer as well.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
And if you decide to get some porting work done, upgrade to larger than 38mm carbs, decide to go race compression, go big bore, etc. None of those would affect your tuning? I would imagine if the pipe is tunable because every motor is different, it would be important to someone with a stock motor to continue to be able to tune that pipe. No?

Do you honestly believe that the average owner would bother with re-tuning a pipe?

Top Bottom