Super Jet Help Me Diagnose My Pump Please!!!

So today I took my jet ski out and was riding it for about 30 minutes. The steering was completely fine. Then I did a set up wake and did a nose stab and landed on the side wrong. After that my steering wasn't right at all. The turning felt like I couldn't turn as sharp and the turning wasn't responsive it was like it was delayed. So I went to the shore and looked at my pump and it just looks like there is something missing in my pump it just doesn't look right to me. Maybe its not the pump and something else so if you guys have any ideas of what it could be then tell me and I will check it out. Thanks a lot guys.

Here are pics of the pump I took a couple different ones because it was in my garage and kind of dark so I didn't know which one was the best.

DSC_0267.jpg

DSC_0268.jpg

DSC_0269.jpg

Dmac80sc

Site Supporter
Is there a pump cone there and its just not showing up in the pic? Werid how it is just that black color

Well, if it works fine while not under load, crank the bars to one side while holding the nozzle and see if you are able to move it against the bars. Also, could you take a picture of your intake as well as a picture of the steering cable connection to the turnplate?

Well, if it works fine while not under load, crank the bars to one side while holding the nozzle and see if you are able to move it against the bars. Also, could you take a picture of your intake as well as a picture of the steering cable connection to the turnplate?

Well I did what you said to do by turning the bars and holding the nozzle and it will still turn fine while holding it there's no hesitation Here are the pictures that you asked for (you meant the intake grate right?) and I also threw in a picture special fx of the cable mount at the end of the handle pole like he mentioned it doesn't look like there is anything wrong there. Thanks for the help guys hoping to get this worked out soon.

DSC_0270.jpg DSC_0271.jpg

DSC_0275.jpg

DSC_0276.jpg

I see nothing wrong, besides that part of your pump shoe is missing, but it appears you filled it in. The only last thing I could suggest is that you detach the steering cable from the turnplate and push/pull it with your hand. If it isn't smooth, you have a steering cable problem. But, seeing that when you turn it with your bars and the throw is still correct in relation to the turning nozzle, I am stumped. It performs normally at WOT, correct?

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
If you have worn thru the outer jacket on the steering cable in any spots then it will do some wierd things when you turn one way. It will act fine in the direction that pulls on the cable but can herniate or pop out when pushed in the other direction. Depending on the wear, it may work fine under normal strain and only pop out when overstressed.

Wait, if it is turning while you are holding it, then the steering cable is broken. Nothing should be moving while you are holding it in place. Unless, I am unclear of what you are trying to tell me. Broken steering cable doesn't sound like the problem though, because if it was completely broken, you wouldnt really be turning at all. At least from my experience with broken steering cables :wiggle:

If you have worn thru the outer jacket on the steering cable in any spots then it will do some wierd things when you turn one way. It will act fine in the direction that pulls on the cable but can herniate or pop out when pushed in the other direction. Depending on the wear, it may work fine under normal strain and only pop out when overstressed.

x2

Th part in my pump is all black because the pump cone is black so when the camera flashed it made it completely black like that if that's what you say I am missing. So let me try to clear it up. I did what you said to do so I held on to the nozzle and turned the bars and the nozzle turned with the bars completely normal it didnt seem like there was anything wrong is that correct? I will check the steering cable for it being worn through thanks guys.

hi sorry to jump on this post but im trying to see whats up with my steering its the first time i have taken my ski out in like 18 months it wont steer straight ive adjusted it on the handle pole side and as so pump together and its just not having it and it just dose not wont to turn. do you think i have the same problem? thanks

Top Bottom