High Roller Amp Hull Build

Lol I remember the built thread followed by the sinking. I hope you fill it with flotation, run a bilge and seal that scupper up...

Pick it up? Why do you want it or something? Haha I am probably going to try running the scupper at first and I will add some flotation back Under the tray. Hopefully some pool noodles?

Pick it up? Why do you want it or something? Haha I am probably going to try running the scupper at first and I will add some flotation back Under the tray. Hopefully some pool noodles?

Scuppers are ski sinkers. Perfect air vents when skis are upside down. Plug it from the inside and only use the scupper for flat water, and learn to swim fast

Welded the Coffman pipe into one piece, Drilled and tapped the manifold for 2 inlets, built a water box, built a battery tray, got a kart tank and painted the hull, engine, exhaust and the pump.

Attachments

• F935922B-32E5-441F-B2E1-D7E6D6F369A7.jpeg
    F935922B-32E5-441F-B2E1-D7E6D6F369A7.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 70
Forgot about posting here but the ski is done and I actually sunk it also just like the previous owner hahaha. It was missing for about 6 days in 13Ft of water with terrible visibility but I eventually found it. Had it fired up within 20 minutes of pulling it out of the water! I rode it a couple more times after that and my battery tray epoxy came loose and I have not had it out since. I have a few things planned for this winter yet but adding some foam is definitely on the list lol

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
I saw your thread when you first posted it.But then forgot about till today.This ski does not want to stay afloat! Great luck to you in the future! l owned a Stunt Hull years ago.Subscribed

Hood was a total failure, if I am not mistaken many of the hulls showed up without a hood....................

This hull taught many how to layout their own hoods!
I just layed up two, but only the shell so need to do some more work to actually get something to take a hood seal and have some type of breather setup

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
Hood was a total failure, if I am not mistaken many of the hulls showed up without a hood....................

This hull taught many how to layout their own hoods!
l got lucky with my hull "kit".lt had a hood! l spent almost 6 months assembling the Stunt Hull.Rode it 15 minutes,came back home and took all my stuff off it and put it up for sale lol l hated how it rode.
That hull did teach me how to build, that was the one thing that came out of it.Between @tom21 and @chad from Kansas,they gave me so much help.Worth the $1500 l paid for the "kit"

And @WFO Speedracer is correct.lnstall a one way valve.if you want to go cheap,go down to Lowe's or Home Depot to the plumbing dept.They have them

l got lucky with my hull "kit".lt had a hood! l spent almost 6 months assembling the Stunt Hull.Rode it 15 minutes,came back home and took all my stuff off it and put it up for sale lol l hated how it rode.
That hull did teach me how to build, that was the one thing that came out of it.Between @tom21 and @chad from Kansas,they gave me so much help.Worth the $1500 l paid for the "kit"

And @WFO Speedracer is correct.lnstall a one way valve.if you want to go cheap,go down to Lowe's or Home Depot to the plumbing dept.They have themI have been looking for some more experienced advice from others who have rode an AMP hull before. Why does it seem like this hull “crashes” thru the waves and it doesn’t pop up over them like others?(comparing to a 08SJ and a 50cal that I have ridden on the same day as this hull)
I am considering doing some glass work to the nose to make this hull work better. Possibly some sides to the deck for more flotation in the back? Maybe someone here can point me in the right direction... maybe play with the pump angle? Weight distribution? Pole length? Ride plate?

Haven’t had the ski out in a long time due to a broken big toe but I have been doing some work on it and will be back in the water in a day or 2.View attachment 417312View attachment 417313
I just bought this a few days ago without any information on its previous life probably a good thing I didn’t know it at the time lol it is absolutely nuts but I am going to seal up the scupper valve and see if that helps flotation

Top Bottom