hitch carrier

S

swanny

lol..... good stuff, swanny :Banane01:

I thought that was a fitting description- glad you liked. :smile:

P.S. was up in your pops town last night and am happy to report La Center is still chillin (like it wouldnt be?) Almost 60 degrees and a little baumy with St. Helens lookin good. Got a climb for April planned on that hill. Poker was good too :woot:

I don't think so because that 6" raised hitch we had at Daytona was solid steel all the way through and if boxed was stronger wouldn't it have been boxed .
It sounds stupid even saying it that a 1/4 " box piece is stronger than a 2" solid piece

why does it sound stupid ?

look at the pressed board beams they use in houses now. arent they stronger than a solid beam?
same theory just wood

im just saying look into it more before you have your heart set on solid

Last edited:
Just have to take the spare tire off.

I put a new rear bumper on my jeep that looked like the one in the picture. It was a smitty built bumper. The hitch was away from the jeep out under the rear tire about 6 inches which made room for my 13.5 inch wide spare and the ski. The only bad thing about the jeep is that after you loaded the ski on the jeep with the beach dolly you had to load the dolly through the passenger door..

I only had the jeep for a year because of the inconvience.

Edit: this is not my jeep I didn't have a picture of my bumper

Last edited:
I put a new rear bumper on my jeep that looked like the one in the picture. It was a smitty built bumper. The hitch was away from the jeep out under the rear tire about 6 inches which made room for my 13.5 inch wide spare and the ski. The only bad thing about the jeep is that after you loaded the ski on the jeep with the beach dolly you had to load the dolly through the passenger door..

I only had the jeep for a year because of the inconvience.

Edit: this is not my jeep I didn't have a picture of my bumper

why does the jeep have a top and doors on during rideing season?

We bought a trailer from harbor freight for something around $200. It took us about 2 days to put together, but is pretty nice. We just have to make our own rails for the ski ( pvc ). and it has shocks and folds up! The only down side is its not galvanized, so it will get rusty eventually. but for 200 bucks its not too bad. View attachment 20218

Last edited:

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
I looked around the shop today and I have everything here to build a hitch hauler,I had the thick wall tubing ,two pieces of thinwall for the bunks a piece of flat bar and or rebar for the bunk braces and some old Yamaha couch rubrails for the top of the bunks.I use the old rubrails on all my shop stands because it makes it much easier to slide the skis on and off.All I need now is a piece for the receiver to go into.

Peter123

C-Note
We bought a trailer from harbor freight for something around $200. It took us about 2 days to put together, but is pretty nice. We just have to make our own rails for the ski ( pvc ). and it has shocks and folds up! The only down side is its not galvanized, so it will get rusty eventually. but for 200 bucks its not too bad. View attachment 20218

I have that same trailer (for hauling my riding lawn mower). Tip - Get rid of those crappy all plastic casters and replace them with steel/hard rubber ones. Makes it roll easier, and eventually those plastic ones bust (usually at the worst time).

Y

yamaslut

I thought that was a fitting description- glad you liked. :smile:

P.S. was up in your pops town last night and am happy to report La Center is still chillin (like it wouldnt be?) Almost 60 degrees and a little baumy with St. Helens lookin good. Got a climb for April planned on that hill. Poker was good too :woot:

nice.... I need to get my silly ass out there, but just can't find the time

Top Bottom