Other Hitch Hauler Lets see everyone's Hitch Hauler pics and setups

I'll see if deftones will post a pic. We had his sj on my other hauler from north of Seattle to Stockton CA

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Dirtybird

Ex*ta*ski
I have about a 6" drop in mine. My truck is lifted so this makes it a little easier to load and don't have to back in the water as far when I launch it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
This has the potential to cause a few gawker accidents. Wow look at that ..............BAM.

BrightE's

Paul
I had to make it a little long to clear my rear tire rack.

45910_461100596941_6151924_n.jpg
47210_461100721941_2826974_n.jpg

Your Jeep is about the same width of my tiny 2011 Ford Fiesta. I measured my ski would hang over each side by about 10 inches left and right. You ever bump into anything with the same over hang?? That's the one of the reasons I haven't built a hitch hauler yet...

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
Your Jeep is about the same width of my tiny 2011 Ford Fiesta. I measured my ski would hang over each side by about 10 inches left and right. You ever bump into anything with the same over hang?? That's the one of the reasons I haven't built a hitch hauler yet...
If the width is the only thing holding you back from hanging a hitch hauler on your Fiesta, I would re-think your approach.

BrightE's

Paul
If the width is the only thing holding you back from hanging a hitch hauler on your Fiesta, I would re-think your approach.

One of many. Weight is a concern as well. I'm already trailing my ski on a small trailer that definitely surrenders some handling and breaking. The trailer probably weighs 150 pounds in addition to the ski.

Your thoughts are def no-go with a hitch hauler on a small car?

No issues side to side, I bought a trailer after I had some braking issues. It was raining and I was probably going faster than I should have been and almost rear ended someone, the front wheels just slid. Was it because of the ski.....maybe but I felt safer with a trailer.

Yeah, terrible idea! Have a freind rip the hitch almost completely off his Freestyle using a hitch hauler. Definitely want to have a truck if you're going to use one. Trailer is a whole lot less stress on the vehicle.

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
Tongue weight actually thinking it through more might be the limiting factor. I don't know if my small hitch is rated for anything over 350lb
Yeah, I would be seriously worried about that much tongue weight. The fact that the center of mass is a good 2' off of what is likely a pretty wimpy hitch bolted to a thin subframe is a little scary. If the hitch didn't break and the bolts didn't pull through the subframe it would likely bottom out your suspension.

iangdesign

Cats, lots of cats!
Tongue weight actually thinking it through more might be the limiting factor. I don't know if my small hitch is rated for anything over 350lb

Stick about 5 friends in the back seat and drive around town and maybe the freeway. Get out and see how low the rear of the car will be. This will give you a good idea why a hitch hauler on a compact car would be bad.

Yeah, terrible idea! Have a freind rip the hitch almost completely off his Freestyle using a hitch hauler. Definitely want to have a truck if you're going to use one. Trailer is a whole lot less stress on the vehicle.
Must have been a very cheap hitch. I have used a Rad Dudes hauler on a ford escape with a heavy SXR and gone from CT to Chicago, and X2s from CT to FL with no issues. She may sit alittle lower but not bad.
Just don't buy a cheap hauler, and don't buy a cheap hitch. You will never go back to a single trailer once you use a hauler.

Hey mark where do you get the Trex 2x4's from? Do the big box stores carry them? Looking to replace the bunks on my home made job.
Just saw this. None of the big stores like Home Depot or lowes have them. We get them now from a local yard. But they are not cheap. If you need a set let me know we have them cut here.

Top Bottom