Home made beach cart help

JLight

Spanky
I'm going to be building a beach cart similar to the one pictured only all steel square tubing except the handle. My question is, what size tubing to use? I'm thinking 1.5x1.5x.125. Is this overkill/too heavy, just right, or not strong enough. It's for a 650sx.

Also, does anybody have one they could measure up for me so I get the dimensions right? I think it was made my kawasaki. I'm basically looking for the length of things. The bunks will be 12" apart.

attachment.php

Last edited:

QuickMick

API 1104 AWS CWI
Site Supporter
man .065 or .085 wall would be much better and lighter than .125 And be strong enough. My cart is out of .085 and has had a GP1200 on it at the beach. Now that handle coming up to the crank.. Ide put a gusset in the inside of that bend.

.085 (if its dom) will be more than plenty lol, my roll cage in the race car is .085 and its been smashed into more than once at more load than this trailer will ever see. im planning 1.5" round (cause my bender wont accept square) .065 dom for my trailer/cart (ill post more pics as i get closer to build)

JLight

Spanky
.085 (if its dom) will be more than plenty lol, my roll cage in the race car is .085 and its been smashed into more than once at more load than this trailer will ever see. im planning 1.5" round (cause my bender wont accept square) .065 dom for my trailer/cart (ill post more pics as i get closer to build)

I'm using square because I don't have access to a bender or a way to notch round tubing. Mine will be built out of all straight pieces.

Top Bottom