300/440/550 homemade hood seal?

Conquistador

B-Saw
Site Supporter
What do you guys think about making a hoodseal for a 550 out of hydroturf underpadding? I have some 8 mil & can double it up to make 16mil. I'm just a little hesitant about it, but I think I might work. Has anyone tried this before?

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
i'v used JSS seals, HT seals, and that special D seal i sold for awile. after awile replacing these seals every season adds up. I just bought a new OEM seal, hoping its going to last me awile. as well as it keeps the water out a tad better. Going the $20 seal round it good to get by if you were broke like i was, but as soon as you can make some cash order a OEM.

also if you can find a OEM for $50 buy it. i'v never seen one cheaper than $95 + shipping most are $115

I'm halfway through the ghetto seal install now. If I can get an OEM that cheap, I'll just order one in a week or so. :bananalama: I still want to see if this will work though...

i am buddies with the owner and his son works the parts dept. if you need one i can hook you up though. just pay the price and shipping

karty

Nor Cal X-2 Rider
There was a guy on EBAY that had a seal kit for $14.95 and $5 to ship. I bought one about 3 yrs ago and still working PERFECTLY!

Just tried looking for you with no success.......I dont see the kit I bought!

Last edited:

delagem

Knucklehead Extrordinaire
OEM from Ronayers.com worked for me, used to be $24 but they've gone up a little bit. Still pretty reasonable...

Parts found with Part Number: 92065-539
Description GASKET,ENGINE COVER
Price $29.14

pjsrider

PJS VIPER RIDER
interesting. what quantity do they sell it in and how much does it cost? (i didnt feel like registering on their website)

I'm not sure how they sell it. I just went to my local boat dealer/repair place and they sold it to me in what ever length i wanted. I'm not sure of the price because it has been some time since I bought any.

Top Bottom