homemade limiting rope question?

hangtime

Speak up ,don't kiss azz
I used 2 carabeener type clips with a piece of nylon rope ,I put the rope through the clip and used a hose clamp to hold the rope on the clip and wrapped it in tape after so no scratching your paint .

I had a variety pack of bungees and used a real small one to secure the rope to keep it from getting tangled on stuff .I used an eye hook on the handle pole and an eye hook on the tray area with real wide fender washers to keep the fiberglass from breaking .

First pic is eye hook in tray area
2nd pic is eye on handle pole
3rd and 4th is small bungee to keep rope taught and small hook on end of small bungee which I attach to my steering cable above rubber pass thru to hull in handle pole
5th pic is whole setup :headbang:

Attachments

• 97 SJ LIMITING ROPE 001.jpg
    97 SJ LIMITING ROPE 001.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 923
  • 97 SJ LIMITING ROPE 002.jpg
    97 SJ LIMITING ROPE 002.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 799
  • 97 SJ LIMITING ROPE 003.jpg
    97 SJ LIMITING ROPE 003.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 652
  • 97 SJ LIMITING ROPE 004.jpg
    97 SJ LIMITING ROPE 004.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 664
  • 97 SJ LIMITING ROPE 005.jpg
    97 SJ LIMITING ROPE 005.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 1,260
Last edited:

SJBrit

Extraordinary Alien
Waste Land said:
Wth makes people push their pole up that far to begin with?

It's easy: go big on a nose stab and land with your pole extended a little too much. As soon as you land it rams against the stop, and most of your weight is on it. Tightening the bolts in no way protects your pole from breaking through over-extension.

IceRocket1286

Site Supporter
I dont think tightening bolts was mentioned. either way im with jesse, i think those are crappy. I understand their purpose, its just not for me. But if it works for you and you like it, go for it.

orange flattop freestyler

The Carlsberg ski
IceRocket1286 said:
I dont think tightening bolts was mentioned. either way im with jesse, i think those are crappy. I understand their purpose, its just not for me. But if it works for you and you like it, go for it.

Crappy maybe mate, wait till it saves your ski for the first time, start throwing some big stuff and no doubt at some point youre gonna get it all wonky. :bigeyes:

Ive broken 2 ATP limiters last year and now ive made my own much more heavy duty item with stitched rope and big ass caribinas.:headbang:

The ATP one did break but saved my pole and the front of my ski!!!!:arms:

Waste Land

Non Multa Sed Multum
WaveDemon said:
why are flatwater guys discouraging surf mods?

I'm not discouraging. I just dont like em.

Even with my body fully extended and pushing up I cant get my pole to even catch. It would take pancaking/coming out of my footholds before mine touched the limiters. I can throw the living piss out of my boat like i did at daytona and the pole doesnt even move.

They get in the way of lat water riding for me anyway, thats my number one.

orange flattop freestyler

The Carlsberg ski
Apologies for the crap cell phone pics and the dirty ski but i just popped out to the garage to get some snaps for you.

Here you can see my tray fixing
limit1.jpg

Bungie cord attatches to pole bracket bolt
limit2.jpg

connection to limiter wih heat shrink to keep all bound ends tidy
limit3.jpg

Large stainless syebolt that is the bottom attatchment to my steering stop bolt as you can see in the last pic.
limit4.jpg

Large caribinas with stitched rope and heat shrinking
limit5.jpg

Inside shot at my steering stop so you can see what the eye bolt is attatched to.
limit6.jpg

Also make sure you buy rope that has been pre-stretched so it has no give in it at all.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I cannot stand the pole being too tight, personally. If you come out of a stab wrong, and your body weight is going over the front, the pole will come up, I guarantee it. (If you weigh more that 130lbs, anyway)

not to mention keeping your pole down when you have to bail so your ski doesn't land in an upside down V. There is the 1st message from the biggest lurker out here.

SJBrit

Extraordinary Alien
WaveDemon said:
why are flatwater guys discouraging surf mods?

Quite right. Busted my pole off a boat wake because I didn't have a pole limiter. Even flat water riders can go big enough to do damage.

Jesse - give me you're ski - I'll bet you I can tear your pole right off even with it clamped down tight....

Top Bottom