homemade limiting rope question?

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
SJBrit said:
Quite right. Busted my pole off a boat wake because I didn't have a pole limiter. Even flat water riders can go big enough to do damage.

Jesse - give me you're ski - I'll bet you I can tear your pole right off even with it clamped down tight....
:biggrin:

Waste Land

Non Multa Sed Multum
SJBrit said:
Jesse - give me you're ski - I'll bet you I can tear your pole right off even with it clamped down tight....

Give me a reinforced wammer surf hull....I bet I can break the nose off.

Yeah, I'm sure it can be done man, but its just not me, and I dont like the damn things.

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
Waste Land said:

Yeah, I'm sure it can be done man, but its just not me, and I dont like the damn things.
I think I'll book mark this post... It will be fun to bust it our after you break a pole or mount. :biggrin:

IceRocket1286

Site Supporter
orange flattop freestyler said:
Honestly i dont really like the look of mine but it would damm spoil my day a whole lot more to rip the front off and watch my £££'s of boat sink in the sea

dont you mean $$$'s? :Banane01: :Banane01:

Waste Land

Non Multa Sed Multum
sflsurfrider said:
i think what wasteland is trying to say is that he doesnt need a limiting rope doing hoodtricks all the time.:bananalama:

Yea...cause I never do anything else. Infact and stay on the hood constantly even with surf.:biggrin:

SJBrit

Extraordinary Alien
Waste Land said:

Ever ridden with one? You barely notice. Makes a handy toe rope too. I know what you're saying, and I didn't even have one before Daytona as you know. But I wouldn't have dreamt about riding surf without one, and I wished I'd had it the day I tore my pole out on the river by over-extending on a nose stab. I'll take it off most of the time, just like my helmet. When risk my head I use a helmet, and when I risk my pole, I'll use the limiting rope.

Waste Land

Non Multa Sed Multum
SJBrit said:
Ever ridden with one? You barely notice. Makes a handy toe rope too. I know what you're saying, and I didn't even have one before Daytona as you know. But I wouldn't have dreamt about riding surf without one, and I wished I'd had it the day I tore my pole out on the river by over-extending on a nose stab. I'll take it off most of the time, just like my helmet. When risk my head I use a helmet, and when I risk my pole, I'll use the limiting rope.

Yeah...I rode your ski remember? :biggrin: Thanks again...

I know what your saying...I still dont like 'em lo

l...Say....when are we gonna redo my rubber fiberglass:17:

hangtime

Speak up ,don't kiss azz
I'm not discouraging. I just dont like em.

Even with my body fully extended and pushing up I cant get my pole to even catch. It would take pancaking/coming out of my footholds before mine touched the limiters. I can throw the living piss out of my boat like i did at daytona and the pole doesnt even move.

They get in the way of lat water riding for me anyway, thats my number one.

That's because your like 50 pounds soaking wet dude .Sorry ,I had too much to drink at the Testament show tonight .I apologize in advance for any rude remarks .METAL RULES

Katie

Way cooler than Mark44
does any one have pics or material list to make one.where do you get the bungie rope?

I bought a bungie rop at WalMart just cut one of the hooked ends off. Then bent the end over and put my rope/strap that goes from the tray to the pole through the end and sewed it together. The one hook I left on the bungie cord goes to the pole spring. Works really well and cost me about 8-15 dollars for everything. I can post pictures later if you want.

Bahhh - Who needs the damned things......:eek:mfg:
grenadewj7.jpg

Oh and you can bend the crap out of those nice stainless bracket stops BTW

Top Bottom