hood damage ...

zoo

old and busted
and some truck damage, just now getting back around to normal every day activities and thought I'd share some carnage. I picked up a spare hood for my square while on vacation in the Daytona area from my bro in-law. He's been holding on to it for me so I could mod it slutty style and experiment with some handholds. So, we're on our way home memorial day weekend (heading back to Texas) and we get rear-ended on the highway by a box truck ... here's some pictures, needless to say the hood didnt make it. No one was seriously injured, kinda still banged up but we survived.

Seat belts do save lives but they sure can jack up your back!!

Cheers,
Brian

:beerchug:

Attachments

• DSC01136.JPG
    DSC01136.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 235
  • DSC01138.JPG
    DSC01138.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 235
  • DSC01125.JPG
    DSC01125.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 241
  • DSC01126.JPG
    DSC01126.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 195
zoo said:
and some truck damage, just now getting back around to normal every day activities and thought I'd share some carnage. I picked up a spare hood for my square while on vacation in the Daytona area from my bro in-law. He's been holding on to it for me so I could mod it slutty style and experiment with some handholds. So, we're on our way home memorial day weekend (heading back to Texas) and we get rear-ended on the highway by a box truck ... here's some pictures, needless to say the hood didnt make it. No one was seriously injured, kinda still banged up but we survived.

Seat belts do save lives but they sure can jack up your back!!

Cheers,
Brian

:beerchug:

damn!...you guys are soo lucky to be alive...sorry to hear about the hood...oh ya and the truck.

zoo

old and busted
WaHoo_1 said:
*&^%$#@! damn! Poor AVI.... glad you're ok though! Good luck recuperating and sorting through the b.s.

Yep, you wouldnt beleive the amt of bs involved, then again you might if youve ever been through something like this .. the woman driving the box truck wasnt the renter and wasnt supposed to be driving! The guy that rented it signed a waiver stating he was going to be the only driver .... now the insurance co's are fighting it out.

representation has been retained, letters have been sent to both parties and the company that owns the truck.

F

Freestyleriverrat

damn!!! glad to see you are ok. Hopefully insurance will pay for that custom pre-preg hood for a squarnose SJ :cool2: :haha:

skysurfer2010

SUR 24
wow man... that sucks! my biggest fear is getting rear ended while pulling my trailer. i won't mind getting plowed into w/o the trailer since i have a spare tow vehicle lol.

zoo

old and busted
skysurfer2010 said:
wow man... that sucks! my biggest fear is getting rear ended while pulling my trailer. i won't mind getting plowed into w/o the trailer since i have a spare tow vehicle lol.

oh ya, for sure that would be scary. we were going to pull the trailer down for vacation but decided not to, thankfully. If we would have been pulling a trailer things could have gotten really ugly :bigeyes: especially getting hit with that much force.

what sucks is that AV was paid off :banghead: atleast the insurance co has paid for all but a small portion of new tow rig ... 07 Suburban :cool2:

:Banane01: :Banane01: :Banane01: :Banane01: :Banane01:

was going to post a quick pic but the cam's dead ..

h2odesperado

Pin it to win it
The new Burbans look sweeet I think. I can't believe how messed up the truck got! Good thing you're ok.

You probably don't have a use for a hood catch on a busted hood now would ya?:sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

TB

NOTHING IS EVER PROMISED
my heart goes out to the poor chevy and that poor hood.....btw i love how the front seat broke how fast was that dumb b*&^h driving???

zoo

old and busted
h2odesperado said:
You probably don't have a use for a hood catch on a busted hood now would ya?:sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

with the ordeal to find a one way rental to get the family home we didnt have room to bring what was left of the hood, it's still in the back of the AV in middle of some swamp

thong_bandit said:
my heart goes out to the poor chevy and that poor hood.....btw i love how the front seat broke how fast was that dumb b*&^h driving???

better pic of the front seat, we were doing I wanna say around 45-50mph and she was doing the speed limit at least which on I-10 would be 70mph never heard any brakes and didnt see any skid marks except for what would have been ours from where we were being pushed down the highway .. I'll never forget that sound at impact it was KRAZY! :scared: :scared: :scared:

Attachments

• DSC01128.jpg
    DSC01128.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 141

zoo

old and busted
.. sorry, forgot some crucial details.

Eastbound I-10 there was a 4 car collision, backing traffic up for miles. We were Westbound I-10 and traffic in front of me slowed to a crawl.

Now, me living in the DFW Metproplex (Rubbernecker Capitol of the World, IMO) knows that I better give myself plenty of room (3-4 car lengths at this speed) so I start slowing down. Tapping my brakes and ......

the rest is well as they say history. FHP officer saw it all go down and is my witness I was not in the wrong nor did I receive a citation. Hope this clears it up ....

Moondance

Just plain me....
zoo said:
.. sorry, forgot some crucial details.

Eastbound I-10 there was a 4 car collision, backing traffic up for miles. We were Westbound I-10 and traffic in front of me slowed to a crawl.

Now, me living in the DFW Metproplex (Rubbernecker Capitol of the World, IMO) knows that I better give myself plenty of room (3-4 car lengths at this speed) so I start slowing down. Tapping my brakes and ......

the rest is well as they say history. FHP officer saw it all go down and is my witness I was not in the wrong nor did I receive a citation. Hope this clears it up ....
geez.....what an idiot that woman must be. Glad there was FHP who saw what happened. And after seeing the last picture you posted....you were definitely lucky.

DAMN! glad ya'll are ok, the blatent stupidity of some people on the road amazes me, i.e. not paying attention to the cars in front of them. Oh, btw the new '07 Suburbans are sick, my pops just ordered an LTZ last week.

zoo

old and busted
sjaddicted said:
DAMN! glad ya'll are ok, the blatent stupidity of some people on the road amazes me, i.e. not paying attention to the cars in front of them. Oh, btw the new '07 Suburbans are sick, my pops just ordered an LTZ last week.

thanks we picked up an LT3 basically loaded w/out the 20" wheels, which is cool by me I test drove a Tahoe w/20's and thot that it ruined the ride. I'm dyin to hook up the trailer and hit the lake but my back is still so jacked up I'm walkin around like 80 yr old man, maybe in a couple weeks :woot:

Idok said:
sorry to hear that about your new BLOWSION hood ;)

I know .. what a shame :sneaky:

zoo said:
thanks we picked up an LT3 basically loaded w/out the 20" wheels, which is cool by me I test drove a Tahoe w/20's and thot that it ruined the ride. I'm dyin to hook up the trailer and hit the lake but my back is still so jacked up I'm walkin around like 80 yr old man, maybe in a couple weeks :woot:

I know .. what a shame :sneaky:

Hope ya have a speedy recovery, having "riding withdrawls" only adds insult to injury. :banghead:

Y

yamaslut

skysurfer2010 said:
why were you going so slow? did you have hazard lights on?

please don't drive down the road w/ your hazzard lights on... it's not what they are for... Hazzard lights are for when you are stopped only...

Stupid people here put them on all the time when it rains hard... You come up behind them and think they are stopped... not cool

Top Bottom