Hood Flip?

jetskee

Team Not-As-Ugly-Anymore
Not sure what you call it, but here goes:

Get backwards on the hood, and while keeping your speed up,
flip forward and land on your back in the tray. Gas it, then
simultaneously let off the gas and flip yourself back up onto the hood.

The momentum of slowing down helps throw your body back over onto
the hood.

Watch the video and all will be clear.
http://www.superjett.com/videos/The%20Jam/The_Jam_2003_Jetskee_hood_flip.wmv

And make sure you have lots of open water with no boats or obstacles,
because obviously you can't see where you are going.

Pretty flashy, very nice control. What is the easiest way you've found to flip on the hood. I was trying that a few times the other day and couldn't quite get it, I snapped my steering cable while goofing around in between hood flips, I ended up having to ask the sheriff I argued with earlier, to tow me back in. He was a dick until I bit back, needless to say, so when I had to ask it wasn't too painful. Good guy in the end.

sxi steve

Life's short, have fun.
Another variation

Looks good. I have riding on the hood backward down 100%. I'm going to try that trick, although, instead of flipping into the water, I think it would look better if you held a headstand in the tray for a few seconds, and then flip back onto the hood. Hmmmm.... :thinking:

jetskee

Team Not-As-Ugly-Anymore
Pretty flashy, very nice control. What is the easiest way you've found to flip on the hood.

I just bring my knees to my chest, throw my legs up like I'm trying to go into a headstand, and at the same time, try to let off the gas. The ski stops, but your legs still have forward momentum (if you time it right) and it helps throw you back up on the hood. Not sure how else to explain it.

A skinny 160lb guy like me can probably pull this one off much easier, too. :1244:

pjsrider

PJS VIPER RIDER
Pretty flashy, very nice control. What is the easiest way you've found to flip on the hood. I was trying that a few times the other day and couldn't quite get it, I snapped my steering cable while goofing around in between hood flips, I ended up having to ask the sheriff I argued with earlier, to tow me back in. He was a dick until I bit back, needless to say, so when I had to ask it wasn't too painful. Good guy in the end.

How come you had to get towed from a broke steering cable? I have broke many a cable on my ski and just wasnt able to turn left. Just turned right and rode the rest of the day.

Jay

WaterX117

EH Team Racing
Hey Jetskee, where was that? I saw Pat Mell and Remar on the stage. Since Remar retired this year, I assume it was not this year?

WHERE-THE-SEAT-AT
Hey, thanks for this new trick its a very fun trick. Took me couple of tries to nail it. Its really easy to do & a shat load of fun. :woot:

kaveteen

dont be a hater
ive seen pardaddy do it every year at may fest (a festival in may in ft worth texas at the trinity river) but didint think that it was easy thx for the advice

Top Bottom