Hood Latch Cotter Pin Help

smusleh

JetSkiExtrm
I got a new billet hood latch and I can't seem to get the cotter pin out of the stock latch to swap them out. Anyone have any idea how I can get this pin out without damaging it so that I can reuse it for the new billet latch?

Etheraldreamer

Be there and be square.
its a pain. i used needle nose vise grips on the bend over connected half to hold it from spinning and then using another set of needles i bent the open end back straight as i could and just tugged on the vise grips. it straightened it out as i pulled it through the hole.

smusleh

JetSkiExtrm
Thanks, I have been wrestling with it for a bit now and didn't want to break it. I will try another setup needle nose pliers as I was trying to get it out with only on and was getting frustraed with it.

Etheraldreamer

Be there and be square.
it REALLY helps to have vise grip needle nose so you can manipulate the pliars with one hand and the latch with the other without having to try to keep the barrel from spinning. once you get it semi straight just pull on it. it will straighten up as it comes through like i said. they bend pretty easily. ive done a couple that way and havent broken one yet.

Top Bottom