Blaster Hood Seal Installation Question

CJ407

YamaBlaster
yea that thing isn't made for that. $40 at pepboys good seal!! keeps the water out and doesn't let the hood move much at all. just got back from ponce and it worked good just kept blowing the new water lines off lol going out there wed or thurs if you want to go

yea that thing isn't made for that. $40 at pepboys good seal!! keeps the water out and doesn't let the hood move much at all. just got back from ponce and it worked good just kept blowing the new water lines off lol going out there wed or thurs if you want to go

What do I ask for at PepBoys? Whaddya think of the Watcon seals?

Can't hit the ski during the week. I work 6 - 6 and I'm outta commission until I get the seal replaced. Got a pic of your seal?

CJ407

YamaBlaster
i've never used the Watcon seal. the seal i got is circle tube with a flat bottom. it feels to have the tightest seal out of any i tried

Just got my seal from Watcon. Looks like it will work great. It's sitting in the groove for now until I can get to it this weekend. Not bad for $33 shipped.

IMAG0417.jpg

CIMG2588.jpgCIMG2591.jpgCIMG2587.jpgCIMG2584.jpgCIMG2586.jpgCIMG2585.jpg

OK so I installed the hood seal, but I am seeing a problem. The hood made a pretty deep slot along some portions of the seal, mostly the front and rear, but the sides don't seem to be making much contact with the seal. The seal is from Watcon and is roughly 3/4" thick. I don't think there is an issue with the seal, but it just doesnt seem right. I've adjusted the latch so it clamps down tighter, but it is almost maxed out and still not sealing like I thought it would. Here are some pics. Any ideas?

Top Bottom