hood seal options

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
Has anyone ever found something from Mcmaster.com or otherwise that works well?

I had a jetskisolutions seal on mine since 2002 or so, and it actually lasted pretty well.

I'm digging on mcmaster and found a few parts that might work, but nothing really jumps at me.

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
dont skimp on this part....OEM is proven best every time

I didn't like oem, the one that came on my ski was torn up, then I got the 24/7 hood and put a new seal on and it tore up also. The jetskisolutions seal actually worked very well for me for like $40.

Mark44

Katie's Boss
Yes I have found a good seal from McMaster it has been on my ski for 4 years now but could be replaced next year for about 10 bucks.

OEM is also very good. IMO

Mark44

I didn't like oem, the one that came on my ski was torn up, then I got the 24/7 hood and put a new seal on and it tore up also. The jetskisolutions seal actually worked very well for me for like $40.

when I first got my REV hood the edges of the hood were very sharp...Had I not run a piece of sandpaper over the edges my hoodseal woudl have been shredded in no time...

I love it though when the noobs talk about cutting their new stocker to make it fit :laugh2:

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Been there, got a warrantied JSS seal, it was better than the first one. Did not keep the hood in place, I could take pics of where the front hoods ground into my 24/7 hooks from where the hood slid side to side. OEM for me, yes, they are a royal pain in the ass to install correctly

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
if JSS seal worked for 6 years,, why not get another JSS?
yeah he prob get his stuff from one of those whole sell sites like mcmaster, MSC direct, exc.. but you wont be 100% sure its the same... and prob wont last... just my thoughts

romack991

homebrewed
I've used the mcmaster seal that you linked for the past 3 years on my square with no issues. Still seals good with no movement. Most important thing is to not leave the hood clamped all the time so the seal isn't always compressed. This prevents the seal from taking a large set. I'm guessing you already do this if your JSS seal lasted that long.

LBE

Eddie Would Go.
I have a custom made seal out of turf, not foam, but smooth turf. It is to hard to explain what it looks like, I will post up some pics tomorrow.

Kwaka

NFC!
I use Auto window rubber on my blaster and it seals better than anything I've ever seen. Crimps onto the underside of the hood not the hull.

I have a custom made seal out of turf, not foam, but smooth turf. It is to hard to explain what it looks like, I will post up some pics tomorrow.

I second that. My 440 coversion ski has a smooth turf like material for a seal and my hood is crazy tight! It doesn't leave indentions too bad and seals the best imo for the $$. It was already done when I bought it, but you just keep adding layers till it reaches the height desired. Mine has 2 or 3 layers. Im gonna do my sn the same way, my seal is about due for it. Heres the pic, I dropped my hood on my gunwhale and it busted b4 I took the pic so now I have more glasswork to do :mad:. Man those old hoods are brittle and thin! I need to reinforce it good.

Top Bottom