Hood

Josh blocks ski looks really sick witha lowered hood.

18119075_10155126181651380_699836541234523390_n.jpg

Mike W

Infidel
Exactly where I'm at... lowered pole bracket is good and I have that but I can never ditch the oem hull look. Forget lowered hoods makes it look like a damn kawi sxi yuck

I thought I was the only one. Never liked how a lowered hood and nose looks. I bought a hull with a Rpot racing hood about 10 years ago and what I remembered about that it was very thin and flimsy so I got rid of it. I just wish the market was there for a stock a/m lightweight hood.

Last edited:

bondra131

Thaat's braptaastic!
Reinforce it? It's already 23 pounds lmao... so add to it? Maaaan why did WDK throw away his mold... so stupid. It was half the oem weight! That would have been so amazing. Idk why no one makes oem replica hoods. Everyone, wamilton, blowsion, trinity, WDK, watercraft factory all tell me "no one has ever wanted these everyone wants lowered hoods" wtf bs plenty of people like the stock look... ridiculous lol I am mind blown that NO ONE makes such a thing. Everyone wants lowered hoods... why so everyone's ski can look the same? This is getting ridiculous

You can reinforce the stock hood and make a custom liner. Here is what I did a few years ago. I'd do a few things differently with the knowledge I have now.

http://www.x-h2o.com/index.php?threads/my-1st-superjet.103772/

bondra131

Thaat's braptaastic!
Nope right there with ya. The nose cowel and hood that flows with is what makes a RN... looks so dope! F lowered hoods it just ruins it

I thought I was the only one. Never liked how a lowered hood and nose looks. I bought a hull with a Rpot racing hood about 10 years ago and what I remembered about that it was very thin and flimsy so I got rid of it. I just wish the market was there for a stock a/m lightweight hood.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Reinforce it? It's already 23 pounds lmao... so add to it? Maaaan why did WDK throw away his mold... so stupid. It was half the oem weight! That would have been so amazing. Idk why no one makes oem replica hoods. Everyone, wamilton, blowsion, trinity, WDK, watercraft factory all tell me "no one has ever wanted these everyone wants lowered hoods" wtf bs plenty of people like the stock look... ridiculous lol I am mind blown that NO ONE makes such a thing. Everyone wants lowered hoods... why so everyone's ski can look the same? This is getting ridiculous

The stock hood weighs 18 pounds, not 23. That's 7 pounds more than a lightened lowered hood. If you removed the extinguisher holder and did a good job glassing the hole back up then you could actually shave enough weight to make up for reinforcing the hood seal lip since that's the only place you ever really see stock hoods broken. As for the baffle, it's not hard to make a new liner that weighs the same as stock.

bondra131

Thaat's braptaastic!
This is ready for orders now. He made the mold and has my hood done which is the first of the mold. Weighing in at about 17 pounds it looks great and is sturdy! Breathes from the rear above the dash and both intake tubes drop in the gap between the gas tank and motor. Hood was built with gel coat in the mold.

Definitely interested.

Top Bottom