How Are PJS F15?

A guy has one of these for sale in Wi and im looking for more a freestyle ski. Should i consider he wants 1500 or should i just save more and buy a superjet.

Mr.Goodtimes

BLOWN OUT
i would steer clear of that ski...

my pal bought one up here and it was nothing but headaches...he cracked the bulkhead on it 2 or 3 times and the hull would be full of water after a 5 minute ride on the lake.

it had some power, but the reliability of it was ********.

he paid 2500 for his, and based on the time he operated the machine, i would say it was costing him aprox. $55 a MINUTE to ride that POS...not to mention the amount of time he spent attempting to fix it.

Save for the jet man!

definately not a freestyle ski, I had one and sold it after riding it a few times, it's good it you want to go fast in a straight line, turns like a 440/550 in my opinion. Steer clear.

PJS is very hard to get parts for (some parts are interchangable with Kawis, but not all). Also, PJS hulls are pretty heavy and are made from some kind of resin that you can't repair with fiberglass (it doesn't stick).
Unless you are an engineer or a mechanic, I'd advise you to be wary.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Damn glad I showed up here,lets set some things straight.The F15 has a PJS reed engine based on a Kawi piston port 550, the cases ,cylinders,head,exhaust,intake was all PJS .The parts that interchange between the Kawi and the PJS engine are the crankshafts,stators,starters,pistons and rings.The PJS engines did use Wiseco pistons with boost holes ,nothing really special about them other than that,its just a 550 reed motor piston.The stock PJS engine was rated at 70 hp.Now as the to PJS hull being heavy ,thats BS,just the opposite actually,this was the first production lightweight hull,nothing really special about the structure,its S-GLASS EPOXY,no problems repairing it. I have done a few repairs on them,epoxy resin works fine.It was not designed for freestyle,it was a race boat that ran 52mph out of the box.I will be converting one for freestyle in the near future.The bulkheads were weak on the the 92 model boats ,that was fixed in 93 along with several other hull issues.I am glad to know we have so many PJS experts in here,seriously if you don't know just say so,we won't hold it against you!

Last edited:

SUPERJET-113

GASKETS FOR CHAMP BRAP!
Site Supporter
Good info Wedoo on the PJS F series...:fing02:

IMO, if you are into freestyle/freeride, I would get a square nose SJ for a grand or so. Even if its a 650 square you can always upgrade to any newer YAM twin 701/760 case/cylinder combo.

IMO, dont waste your time on some old school 550 motor on steroids that in the long run will be more unreliable than a 650/701 YAM motor. Heck you'd be better off buying a 750SX/SXI instead of the that ski. Unless you want to waste time troubleshooting, wrenching, and looking/buying parts I would steer clear too. They are more a collectors item than anything these days.

I dont knock PJS at all, they made some of the best Kawi aftermarket parts back in the day. In fact I knew Aaron Davis personally and he helped me a lot back when I raced my 650sx and my Team Butch 750SX. Him(Aaron Davis) and Oscar at Team Butch were my main info help/buy parts guys.

If you want simplicity and tons of stock and aftermarket parts readily available, I would steer clear of that and look for a square or round nose SuperJet.

Also if you bought a nice square and eventually wanted to upgrade you could find a nice Round nose hull and everything like engine, electronics, pump, etc will swap over.

Hmmm, Iwonder if a PJS F-15 freestyle machine would be as good as a 300SX conversion freestyle machine??? :scratchchin: :trink26: :icon16:

Last edited:

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
My f15 will not be sporting a PJS engine it will be sporting a 750 Kawi small pin,the 750 engine has way more potential for freestyle usage and will make this a much nicer ski in general.

I can also vouch for the PJS. Lightweight and totally repairable hull. I have the VHP which handles fantastic with lots of power from the 7000 Viper reed motor. Yes, the '93 and up Lazerjet F15 has an upgraded bulkhead which does not crack. That would be a rare find if it's in good shape.

dirkdiggler

Vendor Account
I have a PJS Thunderjet F15 and it is pretty cool IMO!! They have the solar panel on the pole and dual exhaust which is rare. It is pretty dam fast also. Im selling it for $1300 if interested! All my skis are for sale except the FX-1....I will never sell it!

LBE

Eddie Would Go.
If you want a SJ, wait, save your $$ and get one. Don't settle. There are some great deals on SJ. Be patient and and scour the net. Craigs list is a good place to start.
It seems ,IMO, a lot of people are getting the new 08, and are selling there older RN skis.

dirkdiggler

Vendor Account
does anyone know how many Thunderjets F15 were made?? I know they are rare so I might keep mine because I may never see one again!

Top Bottom