How bad is the stock alum prop???

Shifty

- SuperJet Thursday -
I am really considering putting my stock '08 stainless prop back in my ski as I am not a fan of the hooker. The only problem is my stock impeller is in my GF's ski and I will have to replace it with something. Someone is selling a nice OEM alum prop on here. Her ski is all stock and I am wondering how the alum prop is.

If it sucks badly what would be aftermarket prop for a stock SJ, and what can you pick them up for?

Thanks again,

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
it's really a turd shaped like an impeller. nearly unusable.

solas concord 13/17
or
scat-track (forget the model name - swirl?) 12/17

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing
I am really considering putting my stock '08 stainless prop back in my ski as I am not a fan of the hooker. The only problem is my stock impeller is in my GF's ski and I will have to replace it with something. Someone is selling a nice OEM alum prop on here. Her ski is all stock and I am wondering how the alum prop is.

If it sucks badly what would be aftermarket prop for a stock SJ, and what can you pick them up for?

Thanks again,

If your looking for something cheap, look for a stainless stock blaster prop. You can usually pick them up for cheap. I have one in my bone stock dual carb 701 and it was a vast improvement over the stock pre '08 stock impeller. Some say it is very comparable to a 13/17 impeller.

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
If you insist on a stock aluminum one, someone will probably send you one for shipping only. I assume you hate your girlfriend?

Shifty

- SuperJet Thursday -
Pretty funny, when I got my hooker she watched me put it in too! I remember reading somewhere that the Blaster impeller is a good one for a budget. I will keep my eyes peeled for a blaster prop I guess, better yet an '08 SJ impeller.

I am sure the Hooker 9/15 is a fine impeller, but the stock '08 is comprable in IMHO. I would rather have the $250 back in my pocket.

cycojon

addicted to my superjet
ha i just pulled my 13/15 cut back concord out of my SJ pump to install my new hooker, then i put the 13/15 in my blaster pump...

see where im going here...

you want my blaster prop? pm me ill make you a sweet deal!

i didn't know blaster props were stainless, i thought all of them were alum, untill i took it off and thought, wow, thats heavy.

wolf

No Holds Barred
WaveDemon, you say the Solas Concord 13/17, or the Scat 12/17- are either of those a good choice for a stock '07 SuperJet? I ask because I'd like to change the OEM impeller to something better, and have it work well with the boat as it is, yet still work well when I put an exhaust on the boat this winter.

I'm not really looking for much top end improvement, I'd just like to have more bottom and midrange thrust. Thanks for any input.

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing
WaveDemon, you say the Solas Concord 13/17, or the Scat 12/17- are either of those a good choice for a stock '07 SuperJet? I ask because I'd like to change the OEM impeller to something better, and have it work well with the boat as it is, yet still work well when I put an exhaust on the boat this winter.

I'm not really looking for much top end improvement, I'd just like to have more bottom and midrange thrust. Thanks for any input.

I say go for it... I ran a solas 13/16 impeller on my stock boat for about 6 months until i upgraded the pipe and other stuff. It was a vast improvement over the stock impeller. And then it was still great once I got a pipe and other upgrades. I would highly recommend an impeller being the first upgrade.

i use the stock impeller and will continue to do so (mostly cause i'm cheap) but i have a mostly stock motor. if your motor is more than stock the oem prop probably cant keep up.

any validity to the theory that an oem aluminum impeller since it is lighter than a stainless aftermarket, lets the engine rev up faster kind of like lightening the flywheel but on the other end???

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
any validity to the theory that an oem aluminum impeller since it is lighter than a stainless aftermarket, lets the engine rev up faster kind of like lightening the flywheel but on the other end???

not that I know of.
but high speed photos show al props flex much more than ss and therefore lose efficiency

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member

yep, I've used a solas concord 13/17 on a stock 701 to a ported big bore. it was a really nice prop.

the scat will probably be a great prop too. some people prefer the scat to the solas.

cycojon

addicted to my superjet
pics of that blaster prop for ya

here you go! just pm me if your still interested on monday!

Attachments

• DSC01852.jpg
    DSC01852.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC01853.jpg
    DSC01853.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC01854.jpg
    DSC01854.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC01855.jpg
    DSC01855.jpg