How do you guys NOT beach your ski?

I haven't given this much thought till now. I'm hoping to get a nice well cared for pristine ski and want to keep that way. I read in so many ads of skis "never beached", etc. How do you guys ride so often and not beach a ski? Even when I launch from the trailer I pull my ski off to the side and pull the front up enough so the ski doesn't float away while I park the car. How can I ride, enjoy the ski and not beach or scratch the hull?

Any advice or suggestions would be great.

Maybe they find someone to stand in the water and hold the ski, or anchor it offshore. Such care is somewhat common until the new wears off.

kraqus

Site Supporter
Ah! the "New ski syndrome"......LOL!
I have seen people carry a piece of carpet and they use it to lay the ski while at the dock.
You can always get a scissors stand or one made of PVC to park the ski, they work pretty good.
I think that is all fine but it becomes a pain after a while.

Benny

I pull my ski up onto out dock when im not riding. But i ride flatwater so i dont have a beach :(
Plus pulling a 300lb ski up onto a dock is definitely a two man job and its kinda a pain

beach stand, its the only way to go

decall038.jpg

i just sink mine....it usually stays put

has anyone tried using a thick layer of vinyl (kinda like that clear bra stuff, or just thick vinyl wrap material) to cover the bottom of their ski?? i dont care enough about my ski, but it may help protect it a little. it would wear out pretty quick, but then again so does the newness.

Top Bottom