Other how do you say no

JamesG

Site Supporter
If some twit asks "I can ride it next?" that you don't know and have never met before, just look at them half amused and say "hell no." And walk away. It's not a friggin bicycle...
I have unfortunately done this a couple times. The best one was when a kid followed with "Why?" :smashfreakB:

I guess it is true what they say about Alaskans? Glad you are up there and not anywhere near my ride spot.
I enjoy plenty of beer/alcohol... when my riding is done nothing tastes better.

Truly hope you are kidding.

Haha. I have seen plenty of threads on this forum discuss alcohol and skis and I have noticed people getting pretty worked up about it. I was just seeing who was gonna bite first. Hook, line, sinker.

onedumbtrucker

Now with 20% more pulp.
In Canada (Ontario) we don't have to have insurance but we do have to have a watercraft operators card/permit. Most people who don't have toys (boats/skis) of their own don't have one. Anyone who does is covered under my liability and likely is responsible/careful enough to ride my ski. So when people come up and ask I ask them if they have their card if they do (or if I know them) they can ride my ski. I figure, anything that breaks I can fix and unless they are really stupid that part would likely have broke anyways. It's someone getting hurt that is my biggest concern so with the liability covered then I make them stand there with a lifejacket on for 30 minutes while I go over everything they need to know and what to be careful of. If they'll sit through that and still aren't too scared to ride then hell, give it a shot. More people we get into this sport the better.

Last edited:
Oh god, I'm so bummed about the lack of beer holders on the new hulls. Luckily I have a 95 SJ and FX 1 so there is decent storage for booze. I've started to get away from bringing beers though because I can typically only fit 2-4 which isn't near enough. Lately I've just been bringing a flask or filling up a bottle with a stiff rum and coke for riding. If I can remember the majority of my ride I wasn't having enough fun.

Oh god, I'm so bummed about the lack of beer holders on the new hulls. Luckily I have a 95 SJ and FX 1 so there is decent storage for booze. I've started to get away from bringing beers though because I can typically only fit 2-4 which isn't near enough. Lately I've just been bringing a flask or filling up a bottle with a stiff rum and coke for riding. If I can remember the majority of my ride I wasn't having enough fun.
I'm gunna block off half my gas tank and fill it with beer..warm brew is better then no brew!!

When it came to my xp , I would only let friends who I knew would take care of it ride it around. I got it when I turned 18 so naturally almost all of my friends wanted to ride it. I would always pull the "it's modified and I'm still tuning the motor" card, which usually worked on strangers and friends in party cove etc. It seemed that everyone and their brother had ridden an xp and knew what they were doing, so the tuning card came handy. I've only really had running 550's at this point that were beaters so I didn't really care who rode them. If they seemed really interested in riding a stand up and seemed like good people then I had no problems with it.

My buddy did let a stranger ride his 650sx just after we put in a new motor in it, he fell off of it and the throttle stuck WIDE OPEN. So I'm trying to chase down a 650sx on my bone stock 550 and it starts heading to shore, misses some trees by a foot maybe and ramps onto shore still running. Luckily I got there before anything bad happened to it. Had to ride what seemed like a half mile holding on the nose of the 650 trying to drive my 550. This could have been a bad situation

I take the price of my ski, including a/m components, add 2k to that, and then tell them if they have that on hand they can ride the ski, because that's what it will cost to replace it. The conversation ends right there.

and its always your hammered drunk friend of a friend that asks, 'can I got whip your ski around, brah?' after taking a beer bong from a boat canopy. your not killing yourself or anyone else on my ski. So thats a big, :):):):) no! your drunk. the friend may not be happy with you, but the rest of the world just gave you a high five. but the rest of the world just gave you a high five.

haha!

Last edited:
Top Bottom