How do you store your ski?

How do you store your ski?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hood off to dry everything out during ride season. Left over water in the engine bay from your last ride gets you a one hour decontamination adventure prior to launch. Over winter I put the hood on because it should already be dry. Never really thought about what would be best over the winter though.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
I cant store it indoors so i cant leave the pole up. I used to keep the pole up but the engine is more important. I set a 2x4 on thd hull at the back of the hood to space it up, then the oem cover, then a tarp. Its very hot here so if i leave the hood on everything is covered with water at all times. Hood vented the watrr settles in the hull. I hate that yamah wont add drain plugs to the new superjets.

The key to corrosion prevention is in drying out all moisture. Most PWC owners fail miserably at this. Leaving the hood propped open just a 1/4" will dry out the interior after a few days, you can close it after its completely dry. The engine and exhaust need a couple of long dry runs in order to dry out, the usual 3 dry revs is not nearly enough. Get the head up to at least 180 and do it twice before long storage.

mike b

Michael "Mayhem" Bevacqua aka MikeyChan
What is storage? You mean upgrading parts for next season...

On the couches we would get rid of the gas. Fog carb, and each cylinder. Silicone spray over the engine and anything that could rust/corrode

Top Bottom