Octane How many exist?

icecoled007

Captain of this ship
Does anyone know how many Octanes were built? I was wondering this they other day as I rarely ever see any for sale.

It would be interesting to learn more about the design/build of these skis.

I have a 02 that i think was number 147. That was the first three numbers on the vin code. Im not for sure if thats the correct way to know if that is the production number or not.

Cross

X
I would assume the same or some more due to them racing in the IJSBA you had to at least build 500 a year.

They were supposed to build that many a year to be homologated, but I have heard from reliable sources that they didnt build near that amount. I am sure Polarias just wrote the IJSBA a nice check and all was taken care of. Similar to what happened with the Hydrospace

Does anyone know how many Octanes were built? I was wondering this they other day as I rarely ever see any for sale.

It would be interesting to learn more about the design/build of these skis.

Octanes were a first class effort for a production boat. They came with a good pump and pipe. Developed for racing and HEAVY like a SXR.

Not that heavy. Some of these superjets I ride with have been reenforced so much they are heavier than my lightly reenforced Octane. And as far as production number, I had been looking at the serial number on the engine block...

Top Bottom