How many skis have been completly sank? How many have been found?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KR

www.krlines.com
I could only read one page but this thread served a great purpose for me and hopefully to others. Most of us put all that we have into these boats and this thread can serve as a great reminder or a notice that we can loose these boats so easily. And then that $2k, $5k, $12k investment can be gone forever.

So everyone, check your foam!

:wiggle:

RoyalFlush@PCB

Shootin' The Crap
Ok , I dugh up his invoice and saw that I charged him $200 for the red color option. I will gladly refund him the cost of it. (what's your paypal Chick?)

When he address the gelcoat issue, I had offered Chick to bring me the ski and would would get it painted for him at no cost.
Although I didn't mention re foaming the ski, I would of done it for free had he brought me the ski to fix. I would of even turfed it free too because of his troubles . But the fact of the matteris that he never did and decided to ride it the way it was for 3 years.Unfortunetly, it sunk to the bottom of the gulf... and now he wants to address the problem!

You know Terry, I'm all about helping my customers. I'm sure you ask anybody that had issues with my hood and other items that I make and they will tell you that I took care of it, whether I fixed it or replaced it I always stood behind it.
I don't have a written warranty or disclaimer and maybe that's my own stupidity. Has they say" lesson learned"

Now, don't all you guys have something to do this Memorial day...like BBQ-ing or something!

1. Wow!!! $200!!! I can buy that square hull and have $100 to spare!!!

2. You would have turfed it for FREE!!! Sorry, I got excited there for a second---and then I rememebered the chinpad turf job. :rolleyes:

3. So, you stand behind your hoods, but not your hulls? Mmmmmmkay....

4. "Your own stupidity" Classic. I can relate.

5. Dammit, man. Nope. Nothing better to do today. Nada. Zilch. Nothing. If I had a ski, maybe. But this Memorial Day I have NOTHING better to do than bash WCF. Call me, man.... LMAO!!!

Whenever I buy a bike, I always replace all fluids and carefully inspect absolutely everything for damage and excessive wear. Anything found is fixed before the bike ever meets the road. That goes double for skis. If the ski breaks while you're out on the water, you're completely screwed. Any defects should be addressed before riding, IMO. Until the defects are fixed, nobody should be riding it. If the defects could (even remotely) result in the loss of something that costs a few thousand or cause injury, it's probably worth taking the time to make the 8-10 hour trip and try to get retribution for the trip if it mean all that much to you. It's a CYA move, if nothing else.

umm, did you seriously post this? how can you compare going over a bike to cutting out a tray, ripping the foam out, refoaming, then reinstalling the tray, and finally returfing!? if you purchased a crappy product for atleast 10k i'm guessing. would you want to make the 16-20 hour drive to fix a problem you paid an assload of money not to have? i would rather tear into a gsxr1000 engine before i tore my tray out.

for the orginal post. i lost a hood at daytona on a sxr. managed to grab the hood and keep the ski upright and put the hood back on. lots of water, but not enough to make it not run :) lost a dirt bike in a mud hole one day. didn't know it was about 8 feet deep. had to walk back a few miles to the truck, drive back, jump in the hole and attach a tow strap to drag it out. wasn't very fun.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Ok I really have to ask this, if the hull was gelcoated , how is painting it a proper fix, shouldn't it be re-gelcoated for a proper repair, are you in the habit of half ass fixing skis.He paid $200.00 extra for a fawked up gelcoat job, where do I sign up for that one?

When I repair a customers ski if its gelcoated I re-gelcoat it, if its painted base, coat clear coat, I base coat, clear coat it , if its single stage, I single stage it. Steve I really don't think you are on the same page as some of us here.

I have been cooking for days ,I have sent so many skis out the door that I don't want to see another ski for a few days so yeah I really have nothing better to do here.

$200.00 really is that some kind of a joke, if it is I didn't get the punchline.

Last edited:

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
Locking this.

Once again Chick/Royal Flush/Pair-a-dice, start a negative feedback thread for this, reword what you posted last week and it will get approved.

As of right now, this is going nowhere and a bunch of people with no dog in the fight are bickering on useless points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom