how much hydro turf should i buy? 650sx.

NO on the pregnant wife helping .. the contact cement fumes are too strong ..

I used that B turf many times .. great stuff dont even notice any flaws .. just pratice laying it down dry with contact cement you only get ONE chance ! I have heard you canb use a heat gun to help you stetch it over rails , curves or into foot holds ..

if you cant afford footholds DONT put them in .. or at least dont just use the turf alone LOL ..

Last edited:

kawasakisxs0ul

Water is so BAD ASS
NO on the pregnant wife helping .. the contact cement fumes are too strong ..

I used that B turf many times .. great stuff dont even notice any flaws .. just pratice laying it down dry with contact cement you only get ONE chance ! I have heard you canb use a heat gun to help you stetch it over rails , curves or into foot holds ..

if you cant afford footholds DONT put them in .. or at least dont just use the turf alone LOL ..
lol kk ;) i just wanted make shift holds for now this summer, untill i do do the turf next winter.

KaosFreestyle

White on White
Could just do lifter wedges glued to the stock side pads. Not sure how well that will work though.

Should just ride the ski this year and then sell it at some point and pick up a SN Superjet. This is coming from someone who owns 2 650sx and one of those has footholds.

kawasakisxs0ul

Water is so BAD ASS
Could just do lifter wedges glued to the stock side pads. Not sure how well that will work though.

Should just ride the ski this year and then sell it at some point and pick up a SN Superjet. This is coming from someone who owns 2 650sx and one of those has footholds.
i would love to do that, but.... ima poor college student and it would take for ever to save enough money w/o geting a small loan.

Katie

Way cooler than Mark44
you guys allready have done all this b4 so how much do i really need when im going to dydro my whole ski, even along the side bumper things'

I wouldn't turf the whole rails. Its a PITA because you will always fight it from coming up. I kept my black moldings and only turfed maybe 15" where my feet would need to touch the rails for hood tricks and reinstalled the black moldings. Works PERFECT. I have never once had to reapply turf glue to get it to stay.

I wouldn't turf the whole rails. Its a PITA because you will always fight it from coming up. I kept my black moldings and only turfed maybe 15" where my feet would need to touch the rails for hood tricks and reinstalled the black moldings. Works PERFECT. I have never once had to reapply turf glue to get it to stay.

If i was going to returf my ski including the side rails could i get away with using one sheet? Its a 550 with no foot holds. I REALLY dont want to spend another 60$ on a sheet of black that i will only use a bit of, but if necessary....

JLight

Spanky
If i was going to returf my ski including the side rails could i get away with using one sheet? Its a 550 with no foot holds. I REALLY dont want to spend another 60$ on a sheet of black that i will only use a bit of, but if necessary....
Buy the gray for $30 a sheet.

Buy the gray for $30 a sheet.

Can the gray be dyed black? Im painting my ski/hood white and wanted my pole turf rideplate intake and stickers to be black. I might go make a template for the ski and measure up how it would fit into the dimensions, but i cant do that till probably this weekend and id like to have turf by then.

JLight

Spanky
Can the gray be dyed black? Im painting my ski/hood white and wanted my pole turf rideplate intake and stickers to be black. I might go make a template for the ski and measure up how it would fit into the dimensions, but i cant do that till probably this weekend and id like to have turf by then.
I doubt it. I wanted black as well but the price for the gray is too cheap to pass up.

Top Bottom