How much to pay for this Super Jet

I wouldn’t pay 3500 for a 98 stock sj. I paid 3700 for a bone stock 08 and I regret paying that. Bone stock isn’t really a plus unless you want an unmolested ski and plan on buying a bunch of parts for it after and installing yourself. Stock will get boring really quick

I wouldn’t pay 3500 for a 98 stock sj. I paid 3700 for a bone stock 08 and I regret paying that. Bone stock isn’t really a plus unless you want an unmolested ski and plan on buying a bunch of parts for it after and installing yourself. Stock will get boring really quick
What do you recommend?

What do you recommend?
I would try to get it for like 3000-3200 but if he has it posted for 4500 that’s a stretch. If it’s super clean and you have no other options and really want a ski now then pay 3500. It’s not a sick deal but not a ripoff either if it’s really clean and runs well

He
I would try to get it for like 3000-3200 but if he has it posted for 4500 that’s a stretch. If it’s super clean and you have no other options and really want a ski now then pay 3500. It’s not a sick deal but not a ripoff either if it’s really clean and runs well
said he would do 3400 so I think that’s decent. What mods should I get first?

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
He
said he would do 3400 so I think that’s decent. What mods should I get first?
How new to standups are you?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hi! I am new to this forum and am in need of help to determine fair pricing for this super jet.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/boa/d/yamaha-superjet-stand-up-jet/6543913479.html

I was thinking of paying 3500 and am curious if that would be a good deal or I would be overpaying and if so how much is it worth?

I paid 3400 maybe 6 years ago for a stock 2001 Superjet in basically perfect condition. So, 3500 might be a little high. I would try try for 3000. Asking 4500 is way high.
Also if you are coming from 550, no need for any performance mods right away. This will feel very strong for you.

I can tell you he purchased that Ski dirt cheap without a title so you should check everything out before purchasing it..
How do you know that? And what should I be specifically looking for

It was for sale on a trailer with an x2 neither had titles and a few weeks after they were sold they both popped up having titles with the numbers covered in the ad. I would just make sure the plates haven’t been tampered with and make sure the title has the same year the Ski is..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was for sale on a trailer with an x2 neither had titles and a few weeks after they were sold they both popped up having titles with the numbers covered in the ad. I would just make sure the plates haven’t been tampered with and make sure the title has the same year the Ski is..

Is there a place I can look on the ski to confirm the year?

Here’s the original ad... make sure the tx numbers match what is there.. Unless you’re not worried about a title swapped Ski

918168c898658ece9b7fed21c91502b5.jpg

Rutland, that's a great eye and nice job having a copy of the ad.
Agreed, it's the same ski. I thought the hood paint looked like crap, sure enough he resprayed it and the color doesn't even match.

If it was actually bone stock I would consider 3500-4k but it was turfed a while ago, chinpad looks sun faded, and the hood paint looks horrible from here. And the previous seller said it is rough. No engine bay photos...

As shown, probably $3k tops but even then I wouldn't buy it because I like my stuff clean.

I wouldn't get to hung up on mods, people have different tastes. I have two 100% bone stock SJ (except a pole spring) and have no complaints. They are a lot faster than my 550 reed so you will have fun on any RN. Also pre or post '08 depends on what you want, the pre '08 RN does have appeal for playing around with the less aggressive hull.

Top Bottom