Super Jet How to haul ski in the bed of your truck (pictures)

This is how I currently haul my ski. I work over 100 miles from my house, so this is the best way I have found to pack my ski to and from my work apartment. Dragging a trailer over 200 miles a week got old fast. Now I can have my ski home for the weekend and with me through the week at work.

I used roller blade wheels and some extra deep uni-strut for the ramp. And made the cart out of a dolly; you can find that build at the link below. You can actually back the truck down to the water and unload it directly into the water. One person can easily push it up the ramp, and the roller blade wheels don’t harm the hull. Or you can roll it down (as in the picture) onto the beach cart, and roll it inside your garage. If anyone wants detailed pictures or more material details let me know!! Matt

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/104168-Another-homemade-beach-dolly-less-than-60&highlight=

I had thought about installing a winch at first. But wanted to keep it compact and simple. I couldn't believe how easy it is to roll the ski up the ramp. Now I am glad I didn't use a winch....

more pics of the ramp please.
How do you like the spacing on the wheels?

I wonder if you could flip the cart the other direction and mount the wheels on the dolly cart?
resting the handle on the tailgate to load it. It may need a wheel lock
How do the ramp length and cart length compare?

On another note I just put my superjet in the bed without bunks, is that a big deal?
Why go through the trouble of installing bunks?

Schmidty721

someone turf my rails
Not a truck, but here is the setup I made for my van. Super simple, made out of spare parts laying around in the garage. I just wheel my ski on the beach cart up to the back of the van, get the nose on the two rollers, and give the ski a shove and it's in. one guy, one hand operation for the most part. nose sets right up against my wheel cholk and I tie it down with rings installed for the moto bikes. I'll haul this way if I'm going a long distance or we need more than 2 skis with one vehicle.

ramp.jpgskis.jpg

Top Bottom