Blaster how to properly use this head??

im wondering.... i have SINGLE cooling on a stock 701 61x/61x single carb blaster.

i have a milled stock head that was tapped for dual cooling. the head should be around 175-180 psi.

should i use this head now, or wait till winter when i tap my pump for dual cooling?

if i do use this head now with SINGLE cooling, should i "T" the 2 water outputs into 1, then run the one line to the headpipe?

opinions / suggestions wanted.

Last edited:
I have something similar on my single carb B1. I will look when I get home and snap a photo of my set-up

thanks man.

im wanting to T the two outputs off the head so i dont have to run a 3rd pisser. im just wondering if thats safe to do, and if its ok to run this head with single cooling.

I just checked my motor. Pretty easy to do being that it is sitting on my bench. I don't think it is considered dual cooling, but here's how it is plumbed with my RIVA Red Pipe.

The RRP manifold has two water lines coming off it. One on top, one on bottom. those go into a "Y" fitting and get water from the pump. The line coming off the top of the exhaust is going into the rear cylinder stock water inlet on the head. There is a Tee in the line from the exhaust top before it goes into the stock water line in the head and I think this line goes to another pisser, but I'm not positive. I'll have a better idea when I put the motor back in as everything falls into place. The front "added" water line on the front cylinder goes straight to a pisser. This is how I got the ski. Seems to be working fine.

See pic:

Attachments

• CIMG2586.jpg
    CIMG2586.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 116

extreemthrottle

freeride junkie
do you have a a/m pipe on it?
how do you have your hose routing now?
i know you said you have single cooling into the manifold, but where are you running your hoses from there?

i have a redpipe, and i will be changing to cooling to the picture below. my red pipe has NO pissers. it was like that when i bought it

here was my plan to run the pipe with single cooling, 2 pissers, and a jetworks FCV.

tell me if this looks right to you.

(i have this pipe, but this one is not mine. i borrowed this picture, and used it to draw my cooling lines. sorry to the owner if THIS specific pipe if i mad you mad by borrowing your picture)

red pipe cooling.JPG

Last edited:
and here is my plan to run the dual cooling head.

the exhaust manifold, (not pictured) would get the (1) water feed in from the pump.

does this setup also look ok?

View attachment 156505

Mine is plumbed slightly different. On your pic, the water lines at both ends of the pipe are plumbed together. One line leads to the other. The line you have coming out of the bottom of the bend in your pic ( top of the pipe when installed) is Teed and going into the cylinder head and pisser like I think you are showing in your pic. The new line coming out of the front sylinder head goes straight to another pisser on my ski.

I can take pics later and post them again, but the motor is not in the ski at this time and I have one line I am not sure where it goes at the moment. Once I lay the motor in I will have a better idea. I'm pretty sure it goes on the pipe somewhere. I am pretty sure I have four water connections on my pipe and 2 on my manifold.

2 fittings on your manifold means your exhaust manifold is tapped for dual cooling. im not sure how or why there would be a 4th water fitting on the pipe its self.

One line from the pump goes into a Tee fitting and goes to both water inlets on the RRP manifold. The two water inlets at each end of the exhaust pipe (near flange and water box ends) are connected by one hose on my set-up. There are 4 more inlets on the exhaust pipe as well. I am not positive if they are tied to get ther and then the Tee goes to the stock inlet on the rear cylinder or not. I need to double check.

I'll post pics later this eve when I get home, but I have a total of 6 nipples coming off the entire system as a whole.

I bought the ski used from the owner of LegDrag. Ski runs greta when I'm not breaking it.

TOBTEK

So-Cal Mortgage & R/E
looked over your picture. I would do it different. 1.Water in from the pump, to the Exhaust mani to pre heat the water.
2. Back of the head line to the fitting nearest the pipe/manifold coupler. (Can add a T to a pisser IF you want to dry it out)
3. Fitting on top of the pipe elbow goes to the stinger water inlet on the pipe.( this is where you can add your water control valve...AND another T to a pisser)
4.front head water out..over board pisser.

I like to be safe and dry the performance with more then enough water first. Can always dry the pipe and stinger out later. Too much heat will sieze up your motor. NEVER a good thing !

MAKE SURE you also rejet your carb/carbs !

NOTE...... I always opt to remove the OE bilge set up. Use that 1/2" line for my cooling line. Tap the in-let on your Exhaust Mani with a 1/2 fitting. Think its a cleaner way to do it. With a Veriplug and Elec bilge, dont need the OE system.

extreemthrottle

freeride junkie
instead of putting the tee in the line from the head to the pipe. i would run one line from the head to the pipe and the other line from the head to the pisser. that will simplify what your doing. i wouldnt run a pisser on that line from the head to the pipe.

JustinB

Proof I has a brain \l/
Why are you trying to use three pissers with single cooling? The point of multiple pissers is to keep excess cooling water out of the exhaust. I have a feeling bleeding three pissers worth of water out of your exhaust with single cooling will lead to heat issues.

EDIT: I just reread and you DONT want to have to use three; but still- using two with single cooling will be venting too much water.

Last edited:
alright...attached is a blank slate. can someone open it with paint and draw the best routing?

the exhaust manifold is not pictured, but given it will receive the water line from the pump.

IMG_1554.jpg

Ok, my power is out so i have no internet, but here's how mine is done with two pissers. Line from pump feeds two water inlets on top and bottom of exhaust manifold right behind flange. A hose connects the inlets at the end of the stinger to the inlet at the flange on the exhaust. The water inlet at the exhaust pipe bend near top tees to a pissers and then connects to the rear cylinder head. Front cylinder head outlet goes straight to pisser. I'll diagram on ure pic when power comes back. I have a total of 5 water fittings on my exhaust system.

Here is my exhaust system cooling set-up. Manifold pic shows lines into manifold from pump (and broken Y fitting). Long shot of exhaust shows two end inlets plumbed together. Close up of bend (no hose connected to fitting) shows where it tees into rear head and pisser. Front cylinder outlet on head goes to second pisser.
diagram.jpg
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMAG0121.jpg
    IMAG0121.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMAG0120.jpg
    IMAG0120.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMAG0122.jpg
    IMAG0122.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 60