How to stiffin the handle pole?

I have a stock superjet pole and brackett and I was wondering how I can stiffin the pole where it will stay in any position. Do I need to ditch the spring and use a two bolt system? Can this be done with a stock setup without breaking anything?

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I did that - unintentionally - for a few months with my stock pole/stock bracket/stock pole bolt.

Just crank it down good.

When you let go of the pole will it stay where you let go at or does it return to a certain position? What kind of spring did you have?

Matt_E

Site Supporter
Dude...it has nothing to do with the spring. You were wondering how to stiffen the pole to where it stays in position.
I told you exactly how to do that. :wink:

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
MattE.

Did your junk work with the 2 bolts and hold the pole still or not?

did it require an aftermarket spring?

show some love for the new guys man, I mean really.

:smile:

Matt_E

Site Supporter
First of all, my junk is none of your business. :fingersx:

Second, I used only the single stock pole bolt on the stocker setup. I had an aftermarket UMI (?) spring installed, and just (accidentally) cranked down the bolt too hard.
Made it stay, and I ended up liking it.

SJBrit

Extraordinary Alien
Mine's the same: UMI spring and bolt cranked down tight so the pole doesn't move. If I'd been smarter I wouldn't have wasted the money on the spring and just tightened the bolts right away (not to mention the avoiding frustration of changing the spring over....)

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Gainera2582 said:
Funny, I installed mine in 25 min using the blowsion spring and never had a problem at all or any troubles installing it!!!

Different design......... installs just like a stock spring.........

you want hard, use an R&D lowered Bracket and an AC Pole....... Took 2 hours and 3 peeps to get it on.

Top Bottom