Other How to weigh my ski ???

ph1lthy11y

Cummins hauls my ski to the water
I searched but dint find anything how are you guys weighing your skis ?? I would really like to know much my ski weighs before and after refoam... thanks

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
I took mine to the local recycler and got them to weigh it on the scale,I weighed the stand first then slid the ski off the stand and subtracted the stand weight from the total weight, of course I recycled some aluminum while I was there lol

Attachments

• t-jet 014.jpg
    t-jet 014.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
First I weigh myself on my bathroom scale. Then I pick up my ski and weigh myself again. Take the two numbers and subtract the difference. Bingo your done......... If you do try this please get video of you doing so and post it up

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
First I weigh myself on my bathroom scale. Then I pick up my ski and weigh myself again. Take the two numbers and subtract the difference. Bingo your done......... If you do try this please get video of you doing so and post it up

I weigh lots of thinks like this.

For a ski, use 2 people and 2 scales. Add up the 2 weights both times, and subtract the 1st weight from the second weight.

I used a game scale from Bass Pro Shops and attached to a jetski sling

Attachments

• Jetski 1.jpg
    Jetski 1.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Jetski 2.jpg
    Jetski 2.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 57
  • Jetski 3.jpg
    Jetski 3.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 41
  • Jetski 4.jpg
    Jetski 4.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 42
I took my last ski to a local state authorized business that can issue official weight slips for the DMV here in Florida. They are usually trucking companies and have very large scales. I can pull my truck right onto the scale and unhook the trailer or put the ski down. Cost $5.00 but it's pretty accurate. They also have a smaller scale if I happen to throw a bare hull in the back of my truck.

It's more involved but that's what I will be doing from here on out on all my skis.

The place that I go to is actually a national moving company.

ph1lthy11y

Cummins hauls my ski to the water
Thanks guys i ordered a game scale should be here in a few days. In a few day my ski will probably be going on a diet

naticen

Site Supporter
I have a shipping scale from Sam's Club. It was $50, but it's very accurate, and I do use it for shipping as well. It does up to 400lbs in .1 lb increments or ounces. It'll also weighs down to a pound accurately for flywheels and such.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
I took my last ski to a local state authorized business that can issue official weight slips for the DMV here in Florida. They are usually trucking companies and have very large scales. I can pull my truck right onto the scale and unhook the trailer or put the ski down. Cost $5.00 but it's pretty accurate. They also have a smaller scale if I happen to throw a bare hull in the back of my truck.

It's more involved but that's what I will be doing from here on out on all my skis.

The place that I go to is actually a national moving company.

Haha, weigh fail.

You could have spent that $5 to get another Protec sticker. Who cares if your weight is accurate when you have the extra +2hp you get from every Protec sticker.

Top Bottom