Super Jet Hull mods- and sanitization- making surf friendly

AZRIDER

stupid desert
I'm being really smart and starting a THIRD build; luckily this one is far less complicated than the other two Im doing.
the 04' round nose is getting foothold, cf armor, and paint plus minor hull mods. Also going to use this opportunity to pretty up the motor compartment.
The ski has been used 5 times in the last two years, but I basically havent opened the hood except to get it started and charge batteries. I definetly lgnored it for too long.
Mods it already has :
Jetmaniac 771
X-metal pole
lightened flywheel
msd enhancer
B pipe- bored
surf coil
10/16 prop
dual bilge
tapered nozzle
cf coupler and flywheel cover
and stock waterbox

AZRIDER

stupid desert
i didnt bond the footholds to the hull before riveting-- I dont know if that was a good idea-- I dont think it makes too big of a difference
photo 1-2.JPG photo 3-2.JPG photo 4-1.JPG difference

Attachments

• photo 4-1.JPG
    photo 4-1.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 18

AZRIDER

stupid desert
with foam done, I moved onto unpacking some goodies I got today and began dissasembly of motor compartment
photo 1-1.JPG photo 2.JPG

Attachments

• photo 5-1.JPG
    photo 5-1.JPG
    154.4 KB · Views: 19
  • photo 2-1.JPG
    photo 2-1.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 19

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
i didnt bond the footholds to the hull before riveting-- I dont know if that was a good idea-- I dont think it makes too big of a difference
View attachment 244823 View attachment 244824 View attachment 244825 difference

Did you put anything (sealant) in between the holds and the hull? If not,l would consider going back and making some thickened epoxy.And reinstalling the holds with the epoxy sandwiched between.That can be a big leaky area after you start riding again.

AZRIDER

stupid desert
I began reglassing the tray today I wanna make sure its strong enough-- Ive broken em before-- never in a RN though
Also started reinforcing motor compartment- had a minor screw up with filler in the bond lines it go a little runny- Gonna have to sand back down and turn it on its side-- I tried to do both sides at once-- big mistake
photo 3-3.JPG

AZRIDER

stupid desert
Did you put anything (sealant) in between the holds and the hull? If not,l would consider going back and making some thickened epoxy.And reinstalling the holds with the epoxy sandwiched between.That can be a big leaky area after you start riding again.
Good call!

AZRIDER

stupid desert
got the superjet put back together- not much has changed, got a little bit of turf left to do and She'll be good to go.
re (spray) painted hood (temporary), adjusted cooling system, added new motor mounts, increased rev limit on msd enhancer, footholds, minor reinforcement of motor compartment and tray,
put in a diferent water box.
I ultimately wanna paint and do further reinforcment, but I want it water ready, so it will wait until some more skis get up and running.
photo 1.JPG photo 1-1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 4-1.JPG

Top Bottom