Hydroturf's Shipping....

I have a question. Who did you speak with here??? Was by email or by phone? If by email I would like to see those emails.
We are in the process of fixing our website and how shipping is calculated. We DO NOT charge what the website states for international shipments.
I am sorry if you were charged or quoted incorrectly, I also agree that $75 for shipping is high.
Just so everyone is aware we ship ALL international shipments via USPS Global Express. This allows us to get your product to you quicker and cheaper than what UPS, Fed-ex or DHL can do. If you want me to ship your product out using UPS ground to Canada and you don't mind the wait let me know. All I ever hear is how I need it now, not next week so we decided to use a service that would be faster and cheaper, to make YOU happy.
Also, do to the newest change in rate cost for USPS different size boxes and weights have increased the cost to ship certain items.
You should not have to do this but if you ever have these problems call or email me directly so I can have the chance of fixing the problem before you or anyone else feels the need to trash us. Anyone who knows me will tell you I will make things right one way or another.
If anyone has questions in regards to this or anything else please contact ME.

Thank you,
Mike Bonin
714 635 6350
mike@hydroturf.com

Great post Mike!!! :biggthumpup::biggthumpup:

tom21

havin fun
Freshy - In my view he didn't trash just brought to light a little confusion? good thing is its straight now. only mistake he made was not calling and talking to the lovely ladies working for you. I really look forward to calling and talking to Wanda...and now someone else handles my calls she is still super nice but I miss the southern accent.

So let that be a lesson! call and talk to the lovely ladies - you'll be glad you did. Or just order from me and then I have an excuse to call.

Tom Rill
Professional Jetski Repair

Oh and Thanks Hydroturf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

onesojourner

I use a thumb throttle.
this is a great example of how this section should be used. customer states problem + vender = problem solved. now if we could just weed out all the bullcrap posts...

thegoldenboy

RN Surgery... soon
I have a question. Who did you speak with here??? Was by email or by phone? If by email I would like to see those emails.
We are in the process of fixing our website and how shipping is calculated. We DO NOT charge what the website states for international shipments.
I am sorry if you were charged or quoted incorrectly, I also agree that $75 for shipping is high.
Just so everyone is aware we ship ALL international shipments via USPS Global Express. This allows us to get your product to you quicker and cheaper than what UPS, Fed-ex or DHL can do. If you want me to ship your product out using UPS ground to Canada and you don't mind the wait let me know. All I ever hear is how I need it now, not next week so we decided to use a service that would be faster and cheaper, to make YOU happy.
Also, do to the newest change in rate cost for USPS different size boxes and weights have increased the cost to ship certain items.
You should not have to do this but if you ever have these problems call or email me directly so I can have the chance of fixing the problem before you or anyone else feels the need to trash us. Anyone who knows me will tell you I will make things right one way or another.
If anyone has questions in regards to this or anything else please contact ME.

Thank you,
Mike Bonin
714 635 6350
mike@hydroturf.com

Thank you Mike, now that I know I will do so.

For the record I wasn't trashing you.... Read the thread and you will see lots of good things said about Hydroturf. Love the product!

I emailed regarding the shipping. I got the same reply as the online calculator. I figured it was $75 and that was it. I wasn't about to call back and ask another employee the same question.

Going forward, when I need turf I will contact you.

Thanks for the reply and clarification for all others.

This is what the forum is all about. Now we all know the specifics, everyone Internationally can purchase from HT direct with confidence. :Banane01:

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
It's nice to have **the customer service manager** or whatever Mike's title is respond.

Make sure you send your e-mails to him so he can finish the investigation.

Nascency Chris

The Nascency Project
Freshy - In my view he didn't trash just brought to light a little confusion? good thing is its straight now. only mistake he made was not calling and talking to the lovely ladies working for you. I really look forward to calling and talking to Wanda...and now someone else handles my calls she is still super nice but I miss the southern accent.

So let that be a lesson! call and talk to the lovely ladies - you'll be glad you did. Or just order from me and then I have an excuse to call.

Tom Rill
Professional Jetski Repair

Oh and Thanks Hydroturf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wanda and mike are awesome to talk to on the phone...friendly, courteous, and all that...(kinda why i said in the beginning to call instead of e-mail...)

glad to see everything is getting sorted...:Banane01:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I love email more than most people, because I'm an un-social asshat that doesn't like talking to people (so my wife says).

But even I will say that if I need something for sure, or if there are potential questions, I get on the horn and talk to people.

Ok, trash was the wrong word. I just want the chance to be able to resolve an issue before anyones dislikes or problems are posted. It does however keep everyone here on their toes.....:skull2:
I do want to thank everyone for ALL the positive feedback you have give even though you have had a problem. I am human like everyone else i guess.....See a little negativity and get a little defensive. I am really big on EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE and like to see things get done correctly and that you are happy. I really do appreciate all feedback about our products and service (positive & negative).

Thanks again,
Mike

thegoldenboy

RN Surgery... soon
I'm the same way. Defensive when provoked.

Like Matt, I prefer email due to the fact that I can do it while I'm on the phone putting out a fire with one of my customers. :banghead:

Good deal this is cleared up.

Mike & Hydroturf :biggthumpup:

Mr.Goodtimes

BLOWN OUT
companies usually take feedback like this with open arms, and HT did...after all they are running a business and any way they can increase the customers buying experience they will, the happier the customer the happier the company...not sure why everyone got so pissed about it, and being a fellow Canadian i know that you can really get jacked around when it comes to shipping, especially with jet ski parts, you always get nailed at customs!! O well, something you cannot avoid.

Canadians get screwed over with shipping from the US all the time.

This stuff is so specialized that companies here cannot survive and go belly up so we have no choice but to suck it up.

Most Vendors do help us out in some way by fixing invoices that have to show $20.00 CAD or less or put warranty replacement on invoice so we dont get stuck with brokarage charges and duties which would make this sport almost not affordable for most in Canada.

I have to say Hydro Turf, Jet Trim, Watcon, just to mention a few,they all look after us!!

wayne

wannaroll
glad to see mike step up. however, if emails are not handled just like phone calls then why offer an email address? It would be less hassle if companies like hydroturf and R&D would remove the email address for cutomer service and just have a phone number. This is the second time that I have heard of a company state to call instead of email because you get better results. Easy way to solve the email problem, since no one uses it, is to get rid of the email. just my .02 cents.

Canadian that didnt buy HT

I just did a search "hydro-turf+canada" and found this thread. I did this because I have gone on the HT website twice to buy HT and just cant go through with it at the $75 shipping (also didnt get carb kits from SBT for the same reason $55 shipping for 2 kits??? just couldnt do it). I didnt think goldenboy was trashing HT at all (I felt the exact same way) it is this type of honest feedback that companies need. Because of this thread, and Mike's reply I will be calling HT and finalizing my order.

Kennay

Squarenose for the _____
Call them on the phone... I ordered some Hydro Turf yesterday from (Seriously) the sweetest lady I have ever talked to on the phone while ordering something. She was even telling me about an awesome way to make Tecate taste good. Long story short, call and ask for Tony (I think that was her name... damn, perhaps Tori or Lori? Damn it), she is good as gold. She cleared up my questions, and had my order in and with a discount applied before I knew it. I ordered from them on the 24th, and on the 25th my tracking number had been emailed to me!

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I just did a search "hydro-turf+canada" and found this thread. I did this because I have gone on the HT website twice to buy HT and just cant go through with it at the $75 shipping (also didnt get carb kits from SBT for the same reason $55 shipping for 2 kits??? just couldnt do it). I didnt think goldenboy was trashing HT at all (I felt the exact same way) it is this type of honest feedback that companies need. Because of this thread, and Mike's reply I will be calling HT and finalizing my order.

Always call to place and order............. I think the 75.00 shipping is a typo or glitch on that online ordering........... Just give Mike (Freshy) a call.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
I did not see this post as trashing either,I do see a problem being brought to a companies attention and that problem being handled.He did all of you a favor by posting this here and taking the heat, so maybe when you place your order next time you won't have this problem.

Top Bottom