SXR I cut 8 inches off my sxr rideplate!

My fourth sxr later i've finally figured the perfect surf freeride d cut for the sxr. Its more of a capital "U" cut.

After seeing the rikter and the light weights skis coming out with the pumps that stick out 12 inches i wondered if i can get the same effect on an sxr. I've always run a normal d cut,(square off the back with d cut 2-3 inches) but what an extra 2 inches additional makes!

I kept the trough in the chines complete to the back of the ski to not mess up the flow through the bottom which keeps the sxr turning on the rail but at the same time enabling a slide breakin the pump loose if you lean forward for a slash.

Pearling is much harder now. turns faster. can push the back of the ski deeper through the wave for inverted arials. i'm so loving it and this mod didn't cost a dime!

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/CXuKYX9YDhE0vwNBeLxYjcRtk5ft9x-XLt-8x8yrY8c?feat=directlink
DropBox

Last edited:

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
that looks sweet, i got to find a second stocker before im willing to cut into my ride plate

Unless your going to race, chop it. It will pull your nose up a little higher for jumping and will actually put your pump deeper in the water for better hookup.

MattSmith,
You are the SXR king. What you do on basically a stocker in the surf is amazing!

MattSmith, can you repost a pic of that ride plate? the link doesnt take me anywhere. Im lookin to cut my stocker n wanted to see what yours looked like. Will be riding mostly surf here soon after I move to Florida.

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Seriously you rule the SXR bro! If you look at the q8 and rickter hull bottoms it's almost an SXR with more nose rocker and a bit shorter. Anything they are doing aftermarket hull wise you should try

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Matt, why do you keep buying new SXRs? Just for the fresh electronics and motors? ....or are your hulls getting too beat up?

Matt, why do you keep buying new SXRs? Just for the fresh electronics and motors? ....or are your hulls getting too beat up?

good question. i used to blow holes through the sides all the time but i've calmed down a bit so now the main reason i buy a new one every couple years is for engine and electronics wear. with the salt, and the high hours, its cheaper to buy a new one at 6k and sell mine for 4500 then constantly replacing crap.

Top Bottom