I get to build a silencer!!!!

Joker

...chaos? Its Fair!
Hey guys, we have a new gun section so you can post up all you want about guns builds, rifles, pistols, and accessorizing. We cannot host the sale of anything gun related (be it accesories, parts, whole guns, even scopes) due to the rules laid out by Google Adsense.

Oh man DREAM revolver. I only shoot revolvers and have always wondered! It looks like you have to use old stuff though...

Wakerider26

Peter Waldron -doing jetski tricks
So you filled out your paperwork, paid the $200, and got your tax stamp in one month? IT must be a different process when manufacturing your own, vs buying one.

I bought my surpressor and filled out my paperwork in October, and was told wait time for my tax stamp was 6-9 months.

Wakerider26

Peter Waldron -doing jetski tricks
6-9 months is fine. Just curious how the OP got his in a month. Must be some kind of difference between building one and buying one.

Yes check out NFAtracker.com wait Times have been coming down I expected 3 to 6 months and was overjoyed when I got it just before Christmas. Great Christmas present. I saw some people getting them back within two months but never bought one month would be my wait time. A form 1 is the form you use to build a weapon you can e-file a form 1. A form 4 is the form that you use to buy a weapon from a dealer I don't think you can e-file for a form of four yet so the wait is longer.

@Sasquachcrap
what did it take to get your form1? Did you have to submit a plan showing how you are planni g to build it ? I wanted to do this but I was told that I couldnt. I may look into it again as I will keep tabs on your progress.I asked about building my own supressor in the handgun forum a couple months ago and this is what i was told from mxmark4 said: ↑

Thats the beauty of the trust. I didnt do one but eventually I will . Has anyone here ever constructed their own legal supressor? Andnfiled a form 1? @wanderer1 ?

if you do that you will get a bill from the ATF for 2500 bucks for a SOT license

that is most definatly how it was explained to me by the guy at the local silencer shop..........who knows though, he could have been BSing me the entire time just to sell another can

Y'all are missing the restriction. I can make my own. But NEVER sell it. The form one is to manufacturer one for your own use. The SOT tax that is 2500 is for those interested in manufacturing to sell.

If its in a trust , others in your trust could use it , and if you died your heirs could have it.i dont think you could gift it though.

Top Bottom