I got a interesting call tonight

From the makai saying my reservations where the wrong dates. That is impossible because i made them LONG LONG time ago, and then called and double checked them two weeks ago! I have every date wrote down that i have reseavations that i made months ago. I also had a ground floor oceanside room, now they called me saying they are going to try and squeeze me in.. That is total BS!!!! I just tried calling them, and they said to call tomorrow. Better know i'll be calling on lunch break tomorrow!!!! Anyone else get this call?!?!

The Penguin

triple secret probation
they call me yesterday to make sure I was still coming....even though I had called the day before that to adjust my check-out day to Sunday instead of monday.

Friend of mine dropped a room yesterday and I called to check on it. They told me they were so over booked that the rooms that were being dropped were already spoken for. I'm pretty sure this happened last year to some people also.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
I'm sure they way overbook, called me again yesterday even after I cancelled 9 days ago.......Driftwood is the same owners.

Yeah they called me and told me only had reservations for one room. which is BS bc i made mine in August for two rooms right next to each other ocean side. they said they wouldnt be next door to each other but both ocean side.

uncleuno

X-h20KC
Just got off the phone with the Makai I had to give up my ocean view for a parking lot view. I'm sure if you didnt mind it you could get a hell of a deal at the alternate hotel. I had to raise hell just to get that room. So everyone good luck cause theres going to be some people get moved.

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
From the makai saying my reservations where the wrong dates. That is impossible because i made them LONG LONG time ago, and then called and double checked them two weeks ago! I have every date wrote down that i have reseavations that i made months ago. I also had a ground floor oceanside room, now they called me saying they are going to try and squeeze me in.. That is total BS!!!! I just tried calling them, and they said to call tomorrow. Better know i'll be calling on lunch break tomorrow!!!! Anyone else get this call?!?!

that happened to me 2 years ago. a buddy and I had 2 first floor ocean side rooms next to each other. we reserved about 9 months early. we called 2 weeks before the event to make sure everything was cool and they gave away our rooms.

a friend of mine coming down to makia just posted this

The Makai hotel called me today and said that they have to do maintenance to 20 rooms. So the last 30 reservations made(which was me) have to go to a hotel 1/2 mile down the beach.

I made a reservation a year ago and paid for the first night for an ocean front, I still have the reservation number I hope they don't screw me out of it somehow

Top Bottom