i got smacked in face by my SN

i was out riding today. the river was glass and there were not really any boats to jump their wake so it was a flat water day. as we were heading in i decided to show off a lil for a passing sailboat. i did a submarine and i guess the tabs on my nosepiece were sticking out. the water caught it and snapped the plastic at the screws. the thing then smacked me right in the mouth splitting my lip open. it didnt really hurt but i was like "what the hell was that." now my ski looks stupid. i was able to get the nose piece but it looks as though i need to get a new one. over this winter i plan on trying to get a hazard bracket and putting a round nose pole on. so my question should i spend the money on the stock OEM nose piece or pick up one of those aftermarket ones?

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Why bother replacing it?
It adds absolutely no value to the performance of the ski. Other than looks I suppose.

i know its just cosmetic but i spent alot of time and money on this ski and i think it looks preety good. i doesnt really look stupid i just dont really like the way it looks without the piece. it would be like if i just had my race car freshly painted and someone hit it in a parking lot... its not that big of a deal, it just gets under your chit cause your worked so hard to make it what it is...ill take some pics in the morning to show ya.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I know what you mean - I was just giving a hard time.
Whenever I had a SN, I had a nice looking nose piece.

Fro Diesel

creative control
got your priorities alllll wrong there IMO. it doesn't matter what it looks like EVER as long as it's FIRST over that line. sponsors and yuppies care about looks over function. Got to let that chit go. Seems more like an ocd thing. But you are right, the first few scratches really suck after all that hard work. But letting it get under your skin is tough to do.

gc4

I'd be lost without the x
got your priorities alllll wrong there IMO. it doesn't matter what it looks like EVER as long as it's FIRST over that line. sponsors and yuppies care about looks over function. Got to let that chit go. Seems more like an ocd thing. But you are right, the first few scratches really suck after all that hard work. But letting it get under your skin is tough to do.

I don't consider myself a yuppie, but I like what I have spent a lot of money on to look good. If I broke my nose piece I would be looking for a replacement right away.

How do you know his priorities are wrong?

Top Bottom