FX-1 I just can't get in to it..!

curt248

01 superjet 94 fx1 97 xp
how do you do the leg drag turn? Can it be done in both directions? Does the same foot stay forward the whole time?

The ultimate goal would be to turn like jeff jacobs. That guy is awesome!

Odd Duck

Jet Vet
A leg drag turn is just what it says, you drag one leg during the turn. You drag the leg that is to the inside of the turn, so you swap feet for opposite turns. Turn right, drag the right, etc.

Depending on how fast you're going, you put one foot in the middle of the tray (or, if you're going fast enough, more towards the side you're turning toward, even right along the edge of the tray if you're really rippin' it) and drag the other leg lightly over the water. Flatten your foot out behind you so it's less drag/turbulence. You have to have good boots or be barefoot, because this will rip most shoes right off.

I haven't tried this on my FX-1, but have on the SN. It definitely takes some nerve to try this, you have to be moving pretty good for it to work, but you can make a sharper turn and carry more speed with a leg drag on narrow boats. I don't know if anybody dose these on SXR's.

The best I've personally seen at leg-dragging turns was Victor Sheldon. That dude ripped. I'm sure there's plenty of others, too, but he's the first that comes to mind.

Last edited:

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
Slasher legdraggin an SXR!!

expman3.jpg

Last edited:

FX-Rex

Poker in the Front...
I fell off mine constantly for the first 2 hours, then learned to turn in surf stance, once i got that down it was the most fun ski i had been on. I still fall every once in awhile cuz i forget im not on my friend sj. lol

Everytime I get on an SJ, I think GOD what a tank...

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
I don't ever recall Jacobs doing legdrags. That guy was just very fluid/smooth in his riding style. He could carve like nobody else. If you can dig up some video of his slalom runs you will see.

Sheldon would have his leg hanging out there on almost every turn.

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
Oh yea. See, those guys could ride. Nobody rides that good anymore. These guys look so smooth on 550s. That was when it took some real skills to race. The watercraft nowadays make everyone look like a good rider.

curt248

01 superjet 94 fx1 97 xp
Wow that was an awesome video. I thought getting my butt dragged was good. Jacobs got his entire body including his head under at one point. Crazy.

It's time to try and learn to turn like those guys.

Oh yea. See, those guys could ride. Nobody rides that good anymore. These guys look so smooth on 550s. That was when it took some real skills to race. The watercraft nowadays make everyone look like a good rider.

I have always felt the same way. That's why I look like a newbie on the fx-1, it takes some skill to ride, but it's also the funnest to ride in my opinion.

does anyones fx-1 take on alot of water?? i have a small rip in the seal at the front but it takes on alot of water i would be screwed without the bildge pumps

does anyones fx-1 take on alot of water?? i have a small rip in the seal at the front but it takes on alot of water i would be screwed without the bildge pumps

You've got something wrong.....FXs are really dry if everything is right. I've been riding mine for 12 years and have never needed a bilge pump.

I'm assuming your factory bilge is connected?? I would check it....it seems a lot of people disconnect it....I have no idea why????

curt248

01 superjet 94 fx1 97 xp
hmm. Where is the factory bilge located. I've noticed a couple of times when I latched my hood shut it never really latched completly and took on water. I now close it while in the open position and pull up to make sure it latched before moving it over to the lock position. So far no water after doing this check.

My new (used) rn took in about 8 inches or more water while being tied to a dock for about an hour. The guy that had it before me put a different seal material (foam like). It takes much less force to close the hood latch so I'm thinking I may need to redo it myself. Anyone else have problems with a superjet rn like this?

FX-Rex

Poker in the Front...
factory bilge is located under the driveline coupler, right next to the bulkhead/transom.

In my opinion, nothing beats a factory hood seal. I know someone else has identified a new product which has potential to be better than stock but Im not sure on the outcome.

If the ski is taking on water just sitting, I doubt its the hood seal. Either there is an aftermarket bilge outlet lower than the water line, a leaky scupper, a large crack in the hull, or a seperated bond line. There could be other things too but most are highly unlikely.

curt248

01 superjet 94 fx1 97 xp
Ok... What is a scupper?

Would a bond line be somewhere that they put two pieces of hull together?

Thanks for your input.

Every FX I've owned has leaked like a sieve through the steering cable tube (even with brand new seals/cable/comression nut/etc..). I would never even dream of parking my ski in the water like they do with sitdowns.

It's easy to check this by just pulling the engine cover and looking at the cable tube at the firewall and seeing if it's trickling in.

KR

www.krlines.com
Every FX I've owned has leaked like a sieve through the steering cable tube (even with brand new seals/cable/comression nut/etc..). I would never even dream of parking my ski in the water like they do with sitdowns.

It's easy to check this by just pulling the engine cover and looking at the cable tube at the firewall and seeing if it's trickling in.

Both of my FX1's leak through the steering cable tube too. Friend has same issue with his FX1...

curt248

01 superjet 94 fx1 97 xp
Interesting. I've never left my fx sit at the dock before. I wonder if the superjet (the one the filled with water) has the same issue.

Top Bottom