I just want to say.....that

i know they can be lighter. both can be made lighter. the ski malone rides, the hull is no where close to the weight of an sxr hull. it might be closer in design, but the sxr is heavy. every one knows the sxr was built to race, not for freestyle.:biggthumpup:

I know a 360lb sxr hull that flatwater backflips. You will see less and less sjs in competition, they are fading away from the pro field.

this is straying from the original thread I'm gonna start a new post

Last edited:

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
hell my SXR has no issues coming out of the water. I ride the hell out of it everytime I go out. and she never breaks.

can't say the same for them yamis though. I'd rather swim than ride a yamaha :poke:

Or you could ride a Yami and swim,its always an option.

wayne

wannaroll
i see another future change to the darkside. wait till you try a sj, they are way better for freestyle.

:rant:i know they don't ride sj. they are on aftermarket hulls. before there where aftermarket hulls what did they ride? that's what i thought. if you think yami's are junk then you are sadly mistaken. that is why a sn sj sells for twice as much as an 89 650 kawi. sxr's are good boats, just too heavy. the only ones that think they are better than sj's when it comes to freestyle/freeride bleed green and see through green colored glasses. these are the same people that spend three times as much money to make their sxr a good freestyle/freeride ski. the superjet needs way less mods to be a great freestyle/freeride ski. all you kawi guys get your panties in a wad over what i said because you can't handle the truth. see my original post above and prove what i said is untrue. i never made this a sxr vs. yami thread, all you kawi guys did. you kawi guys are so defensive. is it because you are mad at yourselves for buying a ski, then start wave jumping and such, and questioning yourselves for not getting a sj. now you have to either get a sj, or spend as much as a sj to make your sxr a good freestyle/freeride ski. sorry you are so upset at my little comment above. don't be mad, go ride.:rant:

the truth hurts. out

WOW!! My thread got jacked, raped and plundered....can we all agree that it kickA$$ when your ski is at idle and you are 10 ft in the air!!! Can I get an AMEN!

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I will say a ride a modded SXR freestyle and have ridden many SJ's and Octanes.... In my opinion it takes some bigger balls to throw around an SXR just because of the weight. Doing flat water stabs on a SJ is pretty easy once you learn the trick, do it with a SXR it takes quite a bit more practice.... just my .02! What does everyone else think?

I think people need to get the fck over themselves. Ride whatever the hell you want, who cares?
I certainly don't give a damn what brand-name is on the ski next to me.
On PWCT, it's standup riders vs couchers, here's it's Kawi vs Yamaha, and even RN vs SN.
Do we really not have anything better to do than rip on other riders' equipment?

Who cares!! Atleast were not all riding SeaDoo's!! The OP was stoked because he just got hooked on freestyle and is obviously pumped to get on his ski again, everyone comes in and says his ski sucks and it isn't a good freestyle ski. This might be the case, it might not, he might end up on a superjet, he might decide he wants to go with a waterdawg or trinity, sxr based hull. It doesn't really matter, he's having a good time!

In this sport, it really dosen't matter how good you are. Eric malone, a world champion, has to build skis here in Pennsylvania to make a living. If you're not having fun, you might as well stay home.

This weekend at wavedaze there were people on superjets, blasters, SXR's, X2's, 550's, 650's 750's, couches, and aftermarket hulls, and I don't think a single one of us had a bad time!

BRAPPP

Last edited:

tom21

havin fun
Nice Scray! unlike crack there is a cure for your problem- more parts and more riding. lol

will somebody put a fork in him hes done! lol :cheer2:

Indyxc

Worst Freestyler Ever!
I just wish we had more than 2 mainstream manufactures that made stand ups to give us more options to ride (and to argue over for some).

SXR is a great boat, is the Superjet. Do the both have strengths and weaknesses? Sure.

WET BOX

STL Crew
Nothing wrong with a little banter between brands!

I mean :):):):), we can only talk about "what shoes to wear while riding" so much. And frankly, YES, I have nothing better to do than "trash talk" another brand. I certainly hope noone takes it personally.

Top Bottom