I knew I heard something

kraqus

Site Supporter
I went to Pismo about 2 weeks ago and was trying some stabs when I heard a cracking noise coming from my SN Pole. I did not think much of it as both springs were heavily worn out and the stock pole weights a ton so I figure it had to be the pole....anyways I ignored it.

Now I am in the process of replacing my stock pole for a RN pole on my SN. I removed the pole yesterday and when it came time to remove the bracket I saw a hairline crack:

IMG_1497.jpg

Actually it was more than a hairline, it went all the way through:

IMG_1498.jpg

I am glad I did not ride the ski since then or it could have been a lot worse.....I think I got to it just in the nick of time.....

Is this "normal"? Is this the area where the brackets usually go? or I just simply got a POS bracket?

Benny

Last edited:

Waternut

Customizing addict
I shattered mine into about 4-5 pieces. Broke the spring too. A pole limiting strap is your friend...even for casual flatwater riding.

the WaTeRhAwK

fryin' up a/m electrics..
benny, talk to kurt (snowxr), I think he's got a stainless steel version for sale that will not break. it would be pointless to replace the broken bracket with another stock and cast piece of crap that is just going to break again. byt the time you get to replacing a bunch of different brackets, you will have spent probably less on a single stainless steel one that will not break.

R

ridethelip

cheap fix for long lasting fun

You can have that one welded and put a veritcal triangular gussett over it.If you buy another used one it needs that gussett.It will never break on the hood prop side because that hood prop area acts as a reinforcement.If you make a plate to put on the underside above the fuel tank it will never break again. I took pictures of mine.I will try and find them for you.

R

ridethelip

benny, talk to kurt (snowxr), I think he's got a stainless steel version for sale that will not break. it would be pointless to replace the broken bracket with another stock and cast piece of crap that is just going to break again. byt the time you get to replacing a bunch of different brackets, you will have spent probably less on a single stainless steel one that will not break.

The stock one is fine with that corner reinforced and support plate put underneath.

DC SUPERJET

Half a roll
i've got a crack in mine...goes all the way through. I'm still riding on mine hoping it lasts the rest fo the summer. Not the smartest thing to do but oh well, it will all get taken care of once it's cold. Still seems sturdy to me.

Top Bottom