Super Jet I need fix ideas for my pump cooling fitting.

So I ground the nubbin so the steering cable would not rub with my custom trim set up. So today it blew out. 10 minutes of riding for the year.
1). Cut the rectangle nub short and thread it for a brass 90 degree fitting?
2). Tap the other side for a 90 degree fitting in the cylinder looking nub? I don't know what that cylinder shaped nub is for.
3). Any other ideas?
No funds for a 12 vein pump.
thanks
mark

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 75

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
l just cut mine off completely off the side.Was trying to do the same thing.Trying to get it out of the way of the steering rod.Use some epoxy,jb weld and fill the hole in.Use masking tape on the inside to keep it flush.Then cut and tap another hole somewhere close. DOne

l just cut mine off completely off the side.Was trying to do the same thing.Trying to get it out of the way of the steering rod.Use some epoxy,jb weld and fill the hole in.Use masking tape on the inside to keep it flush.Then cut and tap another hole somewhere close. DOne
How do you re-tap somewhere close when the wall of the pump is so thin?

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
More like where.Try next to a stator vein where it will be thicker(not much but).l ran my stock pump for 2 seasons w/o any problem.lf you are concerned,find a local welder that can weld a bead on the area you want to drill.Then drill and tap it.That would at least make you feel better.

hornedogg79

dodgin' bass boats
Plug the hole. Spin the stator section 180degrees and reinstall. That big block will now be up and out of the way on the opposite side of the steer cable.

Plug the hole. Spin the stator section 180degrees and reinstall. That big block will now be up and out of the way on the opposite side of the steer cable.
If I spin the stator section, my little alignment pins will not line up. Would ther be too much torque on the 4 long bolts that go through all three sections?

The fix.

I bought a brass plug from Menards. I re-drilled and tapped the hole to fit the plug.
I drilled out the center of the plug from the bottom then I screwed it in the hole. Took the correct sized drill bit and drilled a starter hole in the side of the plug through the outlet nipple. Put the plug back on the drill press and finished the side hole. Clipped filed and cleaned up the plug a little.
So now the plug has a 90 degree passage through it the same size as the original. Screwed the plug back in and cut it off flush with the side of the pump.

Last edited:
Top Bottom