I need help with my new decals

MacGyver

Stand up or Die
I just bought new decals for my 650. what is the best way to get the old ones off, and what do you use to remove the sticky residue from the fiberglass?

ive heard good things about the 3m eraser wheel. If not that, razor blade and alchohol. I used a razor for the stickers i removed from my ski but there were in good shape so it was pretty easy

I tried around 7 different things before finding something that worked , it's called Aircraft Decal & Adhesive remover ..you can find it at O'Reilly's. Amazing stuff!

MacGyver

Stand up or Die
thanks guys! Do I need to make sure all of the sticky residue from the old sticker is off the fiberglass before I put the new one one or does it matter? Want to make sure the new ones stick.

thanks guys! Do I need to make sure all of the sticky residue from the old sticker is off the fiberglass before I put the new one one or does it matter? Want to make sure the new ones stick.

Yes....its always a good idea to clean the surface before applying any stickers.

GPnVB

wavejunkies.com
I've tried a number of solvents and the best I've found is Goo Gone Xtreme, not regular goo gone (doesn't work at all). The age of the vinyl being removed directly reflects how big of a job to look forward to.

Top Bottom