I need music suggestions please

I've posted similar threads a time or two in the past year, always with good suggestions from you guys...

I make alot of helmet cam videos, and hate contemperary music for those applications. Can you guys suggest any off the way music?

I'm open to all types of music. Clean language for the most part though...

Also, among other things, I'd like to discover something with a tex/mex flavor to it, that I can use for an upcoming Baja ride.

Thanks in advance.

RMBC Freeride

Vintage
Site Supporter
Authority Zero - great band, one of my favs...
suggestions for tex-mex songs: "Mexican Radio" & "Chili con Crudo" both from their album Andiamo

Oh, and i agree w/ djkorn on the Dub all stars song too... great stuff

S

swanny

anything from The Expendables- especially there new stuff. amazing work.

texmex- willie and lobo

Kennay

Squarenose for the _____
I always wanted to make a video with This Mortal Soil by Mastodon as the intro. When the music picks up, it would kick into some massive backflips and rolls. The furst part of the intro, where it's building up would maybe be showing the riders, skis, goofing around, ect... check it out

I can't find a decent version on youtube. Sorry.

Last edited:

DaUpJetSkier

I like square
long beach dub and bootsie are good, go to myspace or just search on itunes Rebelution, good cali reggae band also the hallway ballers rock but they dont have an album out yet.

route66

240z with a 383
seriously, give Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers a listen, or The Refreshments are the same band with a different guitarist. Two of my favorite bands, and probably just what you're looking for.

Roger Clyne and the peacemakers- Mexican Moonshine

The Refreshments- Banditos

seriously, give Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers a listen, or The Refreshments are the same band with a different guitarist. Two of my favorite bands, and probably just what you're looking for.

Roger Clyne and the peacemakers- Mexican Moonshine

The Refreshments- Banditos

Thanks to everyone so far, but to this point, this one takes the prize.

Fro Diesel

creative control
Long Beach Dub Allstars- "Rosarito"

I highly suggest you give the new slightly stupid album chronicitis (2007) a try. It is really a different sound from their other work, very mature. Slightly stupid was in hs and on the same label as sublime (skunk records) when they were big, coming from the same town.

Los campesinos, manu chao, or the bees "who cares what the question is" for the tex/mex flava hit me up at daytona i have soo much on my computer.
YouTube - The Bees - Who Cares What The Question Is?

PLEASE someone ask me to introduce them to some new music at daytona. I play acoustic guitar too, i will hopefully bring one.

Last edited:

Fro Diesel

creative control
i second slightly stoopid or lbda

So you've heard the chronicitis cd then. It rocks! If you like that sound too there is this band called PEPPER from Hawaii that pretty much sounds exactly like sublime. It is hit and miss for me but some friends think they are the bees knees. There song Ho's is one to download for anyone.

If i have one band to suggest that i will almost put money on no one has heard it is the CRYSTAL SKULLS. An indie band from seattle some of the best music out there, sound is similar yet unique to minus the bear. Download their first album. :sad6: I know this shouldn't be in general section
YouTube - Crystal Skulls "No Room For Change" video

Last edited:
Top Bottom