i need some education: red pipe installation

Pisser placement, how many? why? what size jets and all should i do? basically i have a stock 95 61x and im putting a red pipe on it where do i go from there carb wise and all?

Talk to bubba at riva for the correct jetting. I don't have my ski here to give you the correct water routing, since I don't have it memorized. I have dual cooling anyways though. Good luck. Lock tight EVERY bolt, these like to rattle loose. We had one come apart in syracuse. Install the pipe on the engine and then put the engine in. Also put all of the coolant lines on the fittings on the pipe before you install the engine so you can get the lines on and the hose clamps tight. I made that mistake the first time I put it on.

I have a Riva Red Pipe on my 93 B1. It has duel cooling as well. The motor is currently out of the ski due to an exhaust gasket blowout and a broken bolt where the pipe mounts to the head. If you need pics or anything let me know. I should have it back together before the weekend.

No idea about the jetting, but it runs great.

hey sorry been away on work, yeah if you can take a pic of the lines routed that would be awsome. do you have the stock head, or aftermarket? my problem is what to do with the tiny hose off the frong cylinder?

even with dual cooling? i ran the lines already and used a 1/8 male barb fitting screwed into a 3/8s female barbed fitting then ran my line to my secound pisser. 2 in 2 out right?

Back when I had a 44 mm carb I used this jetting
125p
155m
2.0 n/s
shiny silver spring ( think it was around 16- 18 psi pop off
That should be a good starting point.

water routing -
I run one cooling line from the pump with a "Y" feeding both fittings on the bottom of the exhaust manifold - the 2 fittings on the head each have their own overboard pissers
The other pump cooling line feeds the bottom fitting of pipe - From the upper pipe fitting a line is run to another pisser with a "T" in- line to feed the stinger. I reduced the stinger line to a fuel line ( whatever that diameter is). Engine gets cold water and pipe gets its own.
I run my 2 superjets the same way but with a flow valve feeding the stinger - Don't know if there is any real benefit of the pipe having its own dedicated cold water supply but works well for me.
I made a flush rig with 2, 1/8 nipples that fit into the pisser holes and reverse flush - I flush the 2 head pissers without running the motor then the pipe pisser running.
Pay close attention to mounting the pipe - nothing should bind when you tighten things up -Use generous amounts of C5A anti seize..... My pipe has been on that motor for over 6 years and has never come apart.
The bastard red pipe is really not a bad pipe for the money.

Throw a 48mm carb, head, enhancer, reeds, bore the nozzle out a few mm's (85mm comes to mind - been awhile) and she should be a nice hard hitting ski.

If you look at the thread that originally had those diagrams, those diagrams were created to check if I had proper water routing for single cooled Superjet.

I am unaware if it is correct to this day, I don't believe I got confirmation on the post.

I recommend that you get someone to confirm,

Mike

Top Bottom