I need your opinion.

lookitischris

The X²
Here is the Scenario:

Fox and I went bought a '87 750cc X2 for $800 from a member of this forum about a week and half ago. The ski was supposed to be complete in parts and with title (he may have mentioned the throttle cable missing....no biggie). I paid full asking price for the ski. We meet for the deal and he hands me a title for a '93 stand up Kawi (not to big of a deal) and 2 unattached vin plates THAT DONT MATCH THE TITLE! Still went through with the deal because we would figure something out....When we got home and started pulling apart the ski we find that the steering rods, trim rods, and throttle cable are all missing. I ordered the missing parts spent and extra $50-75 on stuff that should have been in there to begin with, will have to wait an extra 2 weeks to ride and haven't even begun to deal with the TITLE/Vin # issues.

The problem lies in that he accidently left his battery in the ski.......now after all that he wants me to ship him the battery (he did say he would pay for shipping). I told him I was willing to make a compromise since I have his battery and I am dealing with this crap.

In your opinion what actions should take place........?

ger87410

How did I get here?
It sucks leaving stuff in things you sell. I've done that. Recently lost a wrench that way.

All sales are final IMO.

What battery? I see no battery. :sneaky:

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
does the bill of sale say "sold as seen" or "sold as is" if so you got what you got including the battery and the problems (missing parts) as soon as you get that bill of sale, exchange $$ deal is done its yours no matter what it is

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
As a seller I wouldn't even bother the buyer with that call, I'd hang my head in shame, curse my absentmindedness and move on with my life.

As a buyer, I'd be counting up the cost of all the little things, balance out the inclusion of the battery, nod my head a couple times in approval and move on with my life.

Now...back to the title thing...WTF?!?!?! That point is too sketchy for me, I would have walked on that alone. Not having paperwork to HIN's on a ski is one thing but mismatched paperwork and HINs in hand sounds like trouble to me.

Odd Duck

Jet Vet
As a seller I wouldn't even bother the buyer with that call, I'd hang my head in shame, curse my absentmindedness and move on with my life.

As a buyer, I'd be counting up the cost of all the little things, balance out the inclusion of the battery, nod my head a couple times in approval and move on with my life.

Now...back to the title thing...WTF?!?!?! That point is too sketchy for me, I would have walked on that alone. Not having paperwork to HIN's on a ski is one thing but mismatched paperwork and HINs in hand sounds like trouble to me.

What he said. Waaaay too sketchy, sounds like headaches to come.

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
you can have the vins made at a trophy shop.

I'd think about sending the dude the battery and never deal with him again. He's obviously not on the same page as most other people.

I'm not an x2 guy, did you get your moneys worth even though you were missing some steering parts?

Midlake Crisis

Site Supporter
I would never have gone through with that deal.
I'm not saying it IS stolen, but if it turned out to be stolen the whole deal is fishy enough that you could end up getting arrested for receiving.
Hopefully it isn't and you won't but just saying. . .

Mark44

Katie's Boss
j

I would never have gone through with that deal.
I'm not saying it IS stolen, but if it turned out to be stolen the whole deal is fishy enough that you could end up getting arrested for receiving.
Hopefully it isn't and you won't but just saying. . .

X2 that was just a bad deal, you purchased something without the proper title now that if fishy.

Mark44

This isnt very comlicated you should have made him call the department of wildlife or DMV read the number to them and have them check if it stolen...

Here in Nevada ( title state ) it appears no one ever has a title and if you call in they are not even on the books anymore...always same same, some guy owned me money and give me his ski and the nver picked it up again.

the x2 was from me guys, i have never had a problem with anyone selling a ski like i have with this,

k, he it is, i talked to fox many tim,es about the ski and he knew what was wrong with it, i told him i had no ride plate on ski but would pick it up on the way to meet, i told him that there wasnt a end on the cable he said ok, i told him i couldnt find throthle cable but ill check other skies when i get back home and see what i can do, i told u bud that i just put ski together, havnt even rode it in the water, we got to orlando to meet, told u i need battery out it was mine, the title thing i told u in an emeial before we met that it would come with a 93 title, u said ok, so yes i got there and vins didnt match, i didnt realize that till we looked at them, i said we dont have to do the deal or u can get the made like wave demon said, i said ok we will figure it out,

u knew what u was buying and for the price it was a good deal

i even threw in a like new west coast head with doems for FREE, being a nice buy that i am

the battery wasnt part of the deal and all il asking for is it back cause it is a 100 battery and it goes in my baby blue ski, bud u knew, well fox knew what wasnt on this ski, we talked cause he said he wanted to know what he was getting into cause he was doing the build for u
title in legit, sorry vins didnt match, didnt realize that till we looked at them there, no biggie can get them made cheap, damn ill send u the 5 bucks for them aswell, i just want my battery back thats it bud, u didnt buy anything u didnt know about, even when we was together me and fox looked over ski and we went threw what was wrong, even them i didnt hear u say ill just pass on the deal, u didnt have to buy it, so u bought it knowning what was wrong, so its not my fault at all

Last edited:
Sellers:
Need to double check that everything is in order as described, prior to a sale. People shouldn't have to make a drive and then all of a sudden things don't add up. This includes double checking the ski for items they want to keep BEFORE delivery.

Buyers:
Need to make sure everything is in order BEFORE handing over the cash. You still have the chance to walk away.

Once the $ is turned over and you take the ski, it's a done deal for both parties.

Just my 2cents

While the title ordeal does sound a little sketchy, it was your responsibility to look over everything and make sure everything was in order before you handed him the money. 800 bucks for a 750 X2 sounds like a half decent deal depending on the condition. That being said, I probably wouldn't give the battery back. If he wanted it he should have taken it out before you drove away.

You poor thing did somebody hurt you feelings. Shut up and quit complaining about your mistakes. Yes i thought i was taken advantage of when i bought a used VW when i was 15. If you or your friend are not qualified to check out a ski maybe you could have paid a couple of bucks for a private inspection. Nobody did you wrong, just get over it and buy a superjet.

WOW - only 12 posts so far... Comin out the gate swingin!

Top Bottom