I started smoking again...

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
You ever see the dual engine CR500's in hill climb bikes? Those things are wild!

1000cc's of brap.

I would love to have a custom crank case and crank made where I could use 4 CR500 cylinders mounted on a V and put it into a ski... just a thought...

Wolf Child

Just Another Octard
if you wanted to have a close comparison though, you'd have to put that 500cc 2banger up against a +/- 1000cc 4-banger. comparing a 450f to a 500cc/2t is not really a good comparison. also, i'd bet a pro rider would hate a 500cc/2t bike for 30min+2laps vs a 450f. they'd be exhausted 10minutes into the moto.

:smile:

sissies! :naughty:

I would like to see 2 highly talented riders race a 500 2 smoke and a 4 stroke of choice.

2 smoke would have to eat it alive, right? You can not mess with a 500cc 2 stroke man....no way!!!??

I'll race anyone on a 450 with my 2 stroke... I learned on a 2 stroke, and now that i have one when i actually know what i'm doing, i ride it so much better than the thumpers.

To set things straight 500 2 strokes are GARBAGE. If they are so great why did they STOP making them? because they are pointless, no control its like a hybusa lets see who can go in a straight line faster! haha even the 250 2 strokes are on the egde its on or off power but still is a awesome ride if you can stay on the pipe. I have ridden them all and personaly am a favorite of the 250f's.

Last edited:

KR

www.krlines.com
Performance wise I am all over the 450, the power band is smooth and I have such great control over the bike. With the 250, you really have to know your bike. Gunning it on a high speed turn or a berm, it requires a lot of experience on the 250 to know where the rear tire is, the power band is a bit "speratic." The power band is so smooth and powerful on the 450 that weight really doesn't seem to be an issue for me. I have been fortunate enough to ride a lot of bikes. My favorite bike thus far is the 5 speed y450f :)

Honestly, I don't think its worth buying a 450 unless you got a big piggy bank. 250 is fast and CHEAP! I added an extra tooth to rear sprocket on my CR250, destroyed my friend off the line on a 4 speed y450f :haha:

Go for a 450 if you have money and for the smooth power band.
Go for a 250 of you are cheap and want to be a bad ass:newangel:

brett

-------------
Performance wise I am all over the 450, the power band is smooth and I have such great control over the bike. With the 250, you really have to know your bike. Gunning it on a high speed turn or a berm, it requires a lot of experience on the 250 to know where the rear tire is, the power band is a bit "speratic." The power band is so smooth and powerful on the 450 that weight really doesn't seem to be an issue for me. I have been fortunate enough to ride a lot of bikes. My favorite bike thus far is the 5 speed y450f :)

Honestly, I don't think its worth buying a 450 unless you got a big piggy bank. 250 is fast and CHEAP! I added an extra tooth to rear sprocket on my CR250, destroyed my friend off the line on a 4 speed y450f :haha:

Go for a 450 if you have money and for the smooth power band.
Go for a 250 of you are cheap and want to be a bad ass:newangel:
x2! dollar for dollar unless you race mx every weekend a 250 is fine

To set things straight 500 2 strokes are GARBAGE. If they are so great why did they STOP making them? because they are pointless, no control its like a hybusa lets see who can go in a straight line faster! haha even the 250 2 strokes are on the egde its on or off power but still is a awesome ride if you can stay on the pipe. I have ridden them all and personaly am a favorite of the 250f's.

spoken like someone who actually rides, knows how to ride, and knows what theyre talking about.

:smile:

Top Bottom