Impeller Removal

ToddW

Web GuY
Thanks guys, is there any docs or pics online that kind of outline what to loosen, and where to start? I'm sure I coul dfigure it out but would prefer NOT to take off more than I need, it's 100+ in the garage and the less time there the better.

:biggthumpup:

the cut off wheel got mine off after I ruined two tools and slit my wrist on that sharp prop, never seen anything like that thing, was on there since 98 though

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
I got the old stock impeller off easier than ever this time. Salt water sucks, but I put the impeller in the vice this time and put some heat to the impeller, then used the inmpact on the spline shaft tool. Took 2 seconds, once it was heated up.

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
i slid my mid shaft assembly on the end of the spline, then put a pry bar into the coupler to allow me purchase on the impeller.. worked like a charm...

You guys need the Blaster800 prop tool . I made this and it works like a charm , 2'' heavy wall tube , weld your spline on one end , make it long enough to be just short of your wrench, and if you have a quality hitch on your rig your prop will be off in 5 secconds , no vice needed . the nice thing is your shaft stays straight even with a 6 ft cheater bar ! Mine goes with me when i travel .

Attachments

• impeller tool 004.jpg
    impeller tool 004.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 35
  • impeller tool 001.jpg
    impeller tool 001.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 23

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
You guys need the Blaster800 prop tool . I made this and it works like a charm , 2'' heavy wall tube , weld your spline on one end , make it long enough to be just short of your wrench, and if you have a quality hitch on your rig your prop will be off in 5 secconds , no vice needed . the nice thing is your shaft stays straight even with a 6 ft cheater bar ! Mine goes with me when i travel .

that is sweet :smokin:

douglee25

m3booooy

I'll tell you what, that is a slick tool.

Good job thinking out of the box.

Doug

Top Bottom