impros or skat?

I am redoing my motor just ordered a new b-pipe and sent my cylinder to lehr.

Should I just buy paul's skat prop cutback for 225, or get a modified solas from dave at impros for 265.

Only difference I have been told is the skat has better materials.

Anyone have an opinion???

Any reasons why? I will likely go with the skat, mainly because paul is a damn nice guy and I would rather spend my money with him.

#ZERO

Beach Bum
I tried the Skat-Trak Swirl 13/18 Impeller that weighed 2.5lbs; it gave very good bottom end acceleration. The Scat-Trak Swirl blades are longer, thicker and weigh a bit lot more than the Concord. I switched it to a 1.8lbs Solas Concord 13/18 cut back 3mm and lost some of the bottom end, but made a huge improvement in mid range acceleration. Going from the Swirl to the Concord was like installing a light-weight flywheel on the other end of the engine.

#ZERO

Beach Bum
If you're looking to have the ski pop out of the water the second you hit the throttle, I would definitely go with the Skat-Trak Swirl impeller.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Any reasons why? I will likely go with the skat, mainly because paul is a damn nice guy and I would rather spend my money with him.

I made a thread about it a while back...you should be able to find it by searching for posts made by me with the word "swirl" in it. :biggthumpup:

Top Bottom