Increasing Magnum pump setup

If a 320lb ski spins a 13/18 in a 144 Mag with 84mm exit, what would be the next size to try? I have a 146mm, should I put a 13/18 in it? Exit nozzle size?
I have had a 16/21 in and it pulled harder but had a slight delay due to the tall pitch

Last edited:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
If you haven't already done so, it might be worth your time to check the pitch of both impellers to make sure that you really have a 13/18 and a 16/21.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
How is tweaking carbs going to change your pump setup?

Yeah, you may muddy it up some to where the motor is lagging causing you not to use the power you got. But that is more detuning than tuning.

I think now that the carbs are right that the 16/21 will work. With all the talk of bigger pumps with lower pitches, I am wondering what the equivalent of a 144mm-16/21 would be in a 146mm, how many numbers the pitch would drop

upstand2

upstand2
I'd say the bigger pump is the fix. I had a similar problem with mine. I got a hold of an old 19-21 mod impeller with a 4mm bigger hub. It helped a bit.

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
If a 320lb ski spins a 13/18 in a 144 Mag with 84mm exit, what would be the next size to try? I have a 146mm, should I put a 13/18 in it? Exit nozzle size?
I have had a 16/21 in and it pulled harder but had a slight delay due to the tall pitch

this is a 146 pump? Just pitch the 13/18 to 14/19. If you send it to Youngs Performance he will do it for you for $30 I think and turn it in one day. Otherwise find someone local that can pitch it (bass Boat shops sometimes do it). Or send it to Impros and wait.
If it is a 144 pump I have a 15/18 you can try and send back if you want.

Top Bottom